Upset Stomach

Options
I joined MFP about 2 weeks ago and have tried to eat healthier (i.e. not as fatty & oily) foods since I started on here, but last night I went out with the fam to a traditional steakhouse and while I definitely ate smaller portions, I still ate the same old grease as I would have a month ago. However, this time, as soon as I got home dinner went right trough me and my stomach is still hurting this morning. I know it's not exactly the happiest subject, but has that happened to anyone else?

Replies

• PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,668 Member
    Options
    I have. It's pretty good incentive to stop eating all that fat, isn't it? :happy:
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    Welcome to the world of eating well!! I am sure most of us have done this. I eat well pretty clean but once every 3 months or so I just want my grease! Then I feel like crap. The good thing about that feeling though is that you will remember what it feels like and you'll be less likely to eat that stuff often.
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've been there too. It's crazy how shortly after you start feeding your body right it doesn't even want the junk anymore!
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    oh yeah! Same thing happened to me and still does, so now a trip thru mcdonalds is no longer appealing cause i know how i am going to feel. Its great though to want healthier foods. My energy level is back up finally and i am feeling motivated again. :drinker:
  • aapye
    aapye Posts: 9
    Options
    Yeah I have definetly had that happen. I cannot eat any fast food ( except Subway) without being very sick afterwards
  • hopefullnyc
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses and after this episode I'm not going to any of my former favorite places anytime soon.
  • Kelly11
    Kelly11 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Feel better soon!