Goal Weight

Options
I started here back at the end of April. I have my long term goal of where I would like to be in the end, but I have never set any real mini goals. I thought that I would start this post just to see what mini goals I do have for myself and possibly where others are headed. Feel free to post your mini goals and even your rewards for hitting those goals.

PS. Do you reward yourself when you hit your goal or only if you hit your goal by the "set date"?? Just curious. I'm all about rewarding myself as much as possible, but just wondered what others thought about it.

Here is my story:

Highest weight ever 210
S.W. on MFP 177
C.W. 170.2
1st Mini Goal 168 -- End of May
2nd Mini Goal 162 -- End of June

Replies

• pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    I have mini goals of 5 pounds. After every ten pounds though I reward myself with somethings small. A new hair cut, a pedi, buy some new make up... just something small but nice. I don't have dates. I think dates put way more of a pressure on loosing and I don't want a pressure. I'm doing this for me, and I'll get there when I get there. I'm in no hurry because I want to do it right.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I have my first major goal of 30 pounds lost and crossing into the Overweight BMI category set right now, with a reward for myself. I'm thinking new swimsuit, since it's looking like it'll happen in July at this pace. After that I'll set 10 pound goals, but I'm not really going to beat myself up if I don't hit a date. I might not even set them for the 10 pound goals. I'm also not entirely sure I have a solid goal weight yet. 140 would make me a healthy weight for my height, but I've never been anything but an overweight or higher BMI, so I'm gonna take it a pound at a time once I get to 150 or so. I think rewards help, a bit of extra motivation.
  • Stevi79
    Stevi79 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am a firm believer in rewarding yourself - just not with food! Been there, done that! "Yea, I lost five pounds, think I'll have that ice cream sundae now!" For mini-goals I reward myself with things like a manicure or pedicure, or a new item of work out clothing - shoes, top or shorts, etc. It keeps me motivated to keep going. I like telling myself "I'm proud of you!" Too often we have an inner dialogue that is not positive - "I can't believe you gained all this weight" or "why bother shopping, you know what size you are now?" I try to keep that inner dialogue positive. I'm all I've got, and I have to be encouraging to myself. So small rewards are nice - I deserve it.
  • 4me2sibiai
    4me2sibiai Posts: 71
    Options
    I had several mini goals so far. My brain shuts down if I say "I'm going to lose 100 lbs" (really it's more but let's keep it simple.) So, I broke it into "mini goals".

1st MG: 1 lb (achieved) - the scale moved and showed me I saved 3500 calories in a week. ((1 lb = a 16 oz bottle of water))
    That's huge because when I started I drank a 20 oz soda with every meal (240 calories). Okay, so "1 lb" doesn't seem like a lot, but it started my journey and was big for me considering I've been going UP the scale for at least 10 years!
    2nd MG: 2 lbs (achieved) - a 33 oz bottle of water
    2nd MG: 5 lbs (achieved) - to me, meant I can "see" my efforts. That's around when I got my first compliment.
    3rd MG: 10 lbs (achieved) - everyone says the first 10 is "water" so I guess the Vampires drained my water weight! LOL!!!
    4th MG: 14 lbs (achieved) - a box of kitty litter - I now got into a t-shirt and pants that have been in my "one day" drawer. :)
    5th MG: 20 lbs (striving for this next) - the next size box of kitty litter
    6th MG: 25 lbs - the next size box of kitty litter - I haven't looked past this yet because I'm understanding it is "baby steps" not giant steps.

Explore the mini goals.

Regarding treating yourself...I reward myself when "I" say so, NOT when the craving demands, and NOT only when I get to the mini goals. The treats you are going after either "mean" something to you emotionally or there is an ingredient you need and your body only knows that it's there and that's why you are seeking that particular item. I do have 1 treat in place and will not touch it until I hit "20 lbs" down. I haven't had it in 2 years and found it last week. It's a chocolate paddle from Atlantic City and a local store is selling them. I bought it and smile knowing within a few weeks, I will enjoy it even more!!!! It's really about the initial "taste" of the sweet thing more than eating the entire portion. Does that help a little?