How do YOU get rid of "that 2:30pm feeling"???

Options
124»

Replies

• MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Set the timer next to your bed and take a nap.....get a drink of water before doing so. It's really a great time to let down a bit. Then get up and go for a walk or some other activity. maybe have a light healthy snack after your nap.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i get this too, although mine is later in the day since i work 1pm-9pm. usually around like 630 or 7pm i start to feel dragging. hey right on que, its about 630 and i could totally fall asleep. so right now what i am going to do is go to the bathroom, drink some water step outside for a cig and walk around the building i work at. also i turn the radio on at work to keep things going and try to take some stretch breaks. if no ones around (like right now i am working alone from 5pm on) i will do some crunches as well
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,556 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking that the healthier an individual is, the less tired you feel...but I'm not there yet. I have a weak moment every afternoon between 2:30 and 3:30 where I crave junk and want to take a nap!!
    What do you all do to fight that????
    You've been checked for sleep apnea?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • skintimate32
    Options
    I COULD take a nap...lol, but that would be counter productive! ha!

Example: Today I had a HUGE shrimp salad (cold shrimp, raw spinach, peppers, mushrooms and goodies), was very full! Around 2:30...BAM! I'm sleepy and kinda lethargic...stomach is growling and I'm thinking about Snickers bars..

Furious FOODNOW munchies...love it!! That's hysterical!

It sounds to me like you need more carbs! Have some quinoa or a slice of whole grain toast with your salad. That will help keep your blood sugar stable even once the other stuff is digested and your energy should be more continuous with less hunger spikes!
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I usually get this about 4.30pm since my working day starts and ends later than most (but I still get up at 6.30am for the gym).

As I work for myself and run the office - I have the freedom to take a cup of tea and a snack (banana, satsuma, rice cakes - whatever really) and have half an hour down time on the office sofa.

Then I chug a whole load of water, take a little walk down the corridor to the bathroom and get back to work feeling a little rejuvenated.
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Ever since I converted my desk from a sit down all day to standing workstation.. .that feeling is GONE. Must be the fact that I force myself to stand at least 5hrs out of 8 so my blood stays flowing, I'm not sure.

If I were you though... try taking a quick break from whatever you are doing around 2. Get up, go walk around for 15 minutes.. anything to get your blood flowing will help!
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    I think it's perfectly natural, and if you CAN take a nap--then do it! I live in a place where it is common that afternoons are siesta time (shops close on certain days, apartment bldgs grow quiet, etc). If you can't take a nap, go with vitamin C. It is a natural energy booster, better than caffeine/coffee IMO. I sometimes drink those vitamin C fizzy capsules in water for energy and antioxidant benefits (I use 1000mg, but less would probably do the trick). Just don't ever do that too close to bed, it WILL keep you up. Seriously, try some vit C, you'll see it works!
  • Lsteedly85
    Lsteedly85 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I eat more protein at lunch, about 6oz and then have a snack at 2pm-ish! :)
  • Hippie_Soul
    Hippie_Soul Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You guys are awesome!!
    Lots of ideas and theories!!
    Thank you!!!!! :flowerforyou: