Anyone Using Wii Fit Plus?

Options
Just curious if anyone else is using the Wii Fit Plus in their exercise program. I'm using it and am having pretty good results. I had knee surgery last year, and with the Wii Fit Plus I can pick and choose what I do and avoid over stressing the knee. Also, being in Nebraska with the cold winter weather, outside activities aren't really on the agenda. Right now I'm mostly doing aerobics, but as I go along, I'm adding and will probably be getting into some of the strength exercises next week. I'm up to 60 minute works outs and it seems to be going well.

Replies

• rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    ive been doing the Free Step on wii fit plus since ive been pregnant and my dr doesnt want me doing much more than walking. i like it best because i can switch the tv back over to my DVR and still do the workout while i watch tv.
    i really like the boxing workout too
  • ddipert
    ddipert Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Wii Fit Plus is a great way for someone who is having trouble getting into exercise (like I was). I started out doing the yoga and strength training, but when I started in with the island cycling I really got hooked. You get so wrapped up finding the flags and then the balloons, you lose track of time and get more exercise than you thought you had time for. Besides losing about 25 pounds with mine, I really improved my balance.
  • fitnessmare
    Options
    I'm using it quite a lot. It's cold here in Michigan! I do a lot of the balance activities and free step. It's a great tool. My job is cleaning a horse barn so I find I need more lower body exercise. I also walk, jog, and bike outside (weather permitting).
  • akal0423
    akal0423 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My mom is going to let me take over her Wii Fit shortly. I wondered what everyone found to be the most effective exercises? Anyone try the Gold's Gym Cardio game?
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I have the golds gym cardio game & its a lot of fun, I didn't think I would like boxing but its actually a good workout. I also like the Biggest Loser games and I just ordered Fit in Six but haven't used it yet.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    My mom is going to let me take over her Wii Fit shortly. I wondered what everyone found to be the most effective exercises? Anyone try the Gold's Gym Cardio game?

I really like Gold's Gym Cardio and EA Sports Active 2 is a great workout plan.