question for100lb losers that took a long time

Options
I have been up and down my whole life and I'm 36. I have lost 90 lbs. 60 in the first 2 yrs and 30 in the last yr and a half. The last year has been SOOOOO hard to lose. Iv'e changed my calories around and my workouts. I eat 70% clean but relax more on the weekends. Whenever I try to cut out whole wheat bread I end up binging. Just wondering for those that have lost alot and still have more to lose like me if you ran into the same issue. My thyroid is a little low but not enough that I need meds. Just looking for some words of wisdom

Replies

• writemusic4him
    writemusic4him Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Do you replace it with another healthy carb alternative. Do you usually put stuff on your bread that is helping you miss the bread, like butter, cheese, jam, etc?
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar way, not much left to go. But I can't help with the bread thing because eating it makes me binge. Staying around 30 grams of carbs tends to cut my appetite nicely and I work out almost daily, but not for hours, just 45 minutes to an hour, some days weights and treadmill and elliptical, some days I just run or run/walk.

It's going pretty good, but sometimes I just have to accept it's no longer a battle of the pounds, it's a battle of ounces. I take what losses I can get and keep on going.
  • Davelh1976
    Davelh1976 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Yep I have been the same. I want to loose about 20 more lbs and its so darn hard!
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I love bread too and have found that I really have to limit it. When I do have it, I mostly have the sandwich rounds that are around 100 calories, and I only have them a couple of times per week.

I have around 20-25 pounds more that I would like to lose and would like to accomplish that by December. It isn't easy, but I will never quit, and I will never go back to where I was. I know that without diligence, perseverance, and commitment to logging on MFP, I would very quickly gain everything ( and probably more) I have lost. Staying the same weight I am right now, and not losing another pound, would be preferable to being where I was before.

Best of luck to each and every one of you!
  • Welcome2theHellmouth
    Options
    Glad to know there are others out there like me hat struggle. I have decided for now to keep eating whole wheat bread. The kind I eat is from a local bread store. It only has 5 ingredients. I eat about 6 to 8 slices a week. When I try to give it up I ended binging on processed food so I guess even if I lose slower its better to have 100% whole wheat bread then binging on processed garbage.
  • xortion
    Options
    I find white bread medium sliced keeps me fuller than any other bread, I tried those little slices and wheat bread but I kept picking and snacking.
    I normally eat 8 slices a week
  • Shekinah2013
    Shekinah2013 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!