Which Do I Buy.... Spin Bike or Elliptical?

Options
I am looking into buying either a Spin Bike or a Elliptical.
Which one do you like better? Which burns more calories?
btw, space isnt a issue.

Replies

• alienrite
    alienrite Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Elliptical would be my choice. I have one and love it. As for which burns most, it's all about how much effort you put into it
  • borichfan
    borichfan Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I love my elliptical
  • anothermop
    anothermop Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I love my elliptical too.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    which one do i like better? why, you invitin me over?

pick the one you're most likely to enjoy. if you get one you don't like it's going to be a really expensive place to dry sweaters. only you can answer this question and if you can't, don't spend the money until you can
  • TssCnn
    TssCnn Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    which one do i like better? why, you invitin me over?

pick the one you're most likely to enjoy. if you get one you don't like it's going to be a really expensive place to dry sweaters. only you can answer this question and if you can't, don't spend the money until you can

This. All of this I completely agree with!

I just said on another thread go to a gym. Get a 7 day trial/guest pass. Try all the cardio machines and see what suits YOU best.
    I loved the elliptical. I joined the gym to be able to use one daily bc I do not have the space. One day I hopped on an Arc Trainer and realized the whole time I was using the wrong machine for me. I thought I loved the elliptical until I tried something new. I burn more calories and get a better workout on the Arc.
    Try new things and find whats best for you.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I have a spin bike and you can really burn some calories on that darn thing. I agree with everyone esle - it depends on what you like. I cannot use the ellipticals because the stride is too long for me (at least on the ones I tried).
  • stormydaze_02
    stormydaze_02 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    It may be worth hiring the equiprment for a month or 2 before purchasing one. I hired an elliptical for a period of 2 months (and had 1 month free on top), and i used it daily for the first week, then a few times the next week. Then at Christmas it looked really good wrapped in tinsel LOL. All in all over the 3 months i probably used it 15 times
  • AJinBirmingham
    Options
    Get a free trial at one of your local gyms and try both for a few days - then decide which one you prefer. :)
  • dallas4u
    Options
    Have you ever tried the TreadClimber? I loved that thing at my gym. It is an interesting machine that combines a treadmill/stairstepper/elliptical all in one. That thing burns so many calories and I loved it.

Just my 2 cents.
  • Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Buy the one you're going to use. :wink:
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    I have a bike and treadmill and would love to have an elliptical but room is something I do not have. The bike is better for off days when you can sit and watch tv and still do something, there is really no 1/2 axxing an elliptical, so it matters on your preferrence. from what I have been told a good elliptical is expensive and cheap ones break. Good luck with whatever you choose.
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    :happy: I'd go with the elliptical because I would use it more and burn more calories on it...biking inside bores me now...outside is fine.
  • BadAzzBea
    Options
    I just spent great part of the day putting my elliptical together and Im so happy with it. What do you enjoy more?
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Try them both out and see what you like. Most store will let you try them out. See which is more comfortable for you.