I like food and exercise doesn't agree

Options
I'm here because my kid introduced me to this site. I have a problem doing exercies because I have bad knees and a bad back. My job is semi sedentary. My health is suffering because of my weight and the pain in my knees is often times unbearable. I also suffer from myalgia.

Replies

• sunnyskys
    sunnyskys Posts: 43
    Options
    welcome to the group, we are a group of very supportive and friendly people.
    you should fit right in here.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm sorry to hear about your knee and back pain. I am no stranger to knee pain myself. After several kneecap dislocations (seriously the most painful thing I have ever experienced) I eventually had to have knee surgery. Even an extra 15-20 lbs on my frame definitely makes a difference in how my knees feel. However, exercise has also greatly helped in reducing my knee pain. My joints and the muscles supporting my joints are stronger for it.

Obviously everyone's situation is different and only a doctor or physical therapist is really going to be able to tell you what is best in your individual situation, but generally I would say that knee and back pain is all the more reason to start gradually adding exercise into your life. You can start by walking small distances and gradually increasing the duration and intensity of the walking. Exercise like swimming and yoga can also be great ways to get your body moving and can help reduce pain. You don't need to start out doing anything crazy intense. You can do it!