always break it within a week :(

Options
I can't find inspiration :(... Everytime I start diet ,im too excited about it n all ..then all tht disappear n i just say ill eat w/e i want n live happily ........did ne of u face this? :/ how to solve this?:( How when u see smthin u like to eat so much , how u can resist it? cuz im livin wz family who likes eatin so much LOL

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    The thing about changing your eating habits to get healthy and fit and yes, lose weight if you need to is this:

You're going to break it a lot before you're done. The trick is not to give up when you have a bad day or a bad meal or even a bad week or a bad month.

That's the trick.
  • Makoce
    Makoce Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I started for a week eating healthy foods, now Im still under my calorie budget, but instead my day is filled with chips, candy, cookies, and the like.
  • enndeeee
    Options
    eat whatever you want aslong as it fits your macros and you have a calorie deficit. if you eat too much just do some exercise. its so simple.
  • Darwin20
    Darwin20 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    the trick is to not deprive your self of what you want, you just have to eat it in moderation. if you try to quit cold turkey you'll find yourself wanting it more and will ultimately break down and over eat.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    The thing about changing your eating habits to get healthy and fit and yes, lose weight if you need to is this:

You're going to break it a lot before you're done. The trick is not to give up when you have a bad day or a bad meal or even a bad week or a bad month.

That's the trick.

This. Well said.
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Our weight loss journey is so very hard, one that takes a lot out of us. You have to WANT to change your eating habits, you have to make yourself not eat that item. I had a serious addiction to Reese's I gave them up 4 years ago. I have a serious love to pasta, and have very, very little now. I know that I shouldn't have them and don't. I make that decision, such as last week everyone was buying and selling Girl Scout cookies...I chose not to buy or eat them. You can do it...you really can.
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I really struggled with this at the beginning. I was at 1200 calories and did great for 3 or 4 days, then all hell broke loose and I couldn't get enough food in my face fast enough. Then it would start all over again.

Once I went up to 1400 this stopped happening. It is enough food for me to feel satisfied, and I don't struggle much with cravings. I have bad days, and this week I had a bad week, but 1400 is so manageable for me that it's not too hard to get back to it. I am a lot older than you are, and my job keeps me sitting all day, so I would guess than 1400 calories would be too low for you, you need to find the right amount of food to get you through your day without struggling like this. It shouldn't be this hard.

I can't see where you've set your calories but you might need to eat a little bit more.

Also, I've read that cravings for any eliminated food never last longer than 72 hours and have found this to be true. I can always tough out 3 days.