Dealing with temptations...

Options
So how does everyone deal with daily temptations? Like today is V day, so there is candy and chocolate everywhere. I'm not much into sweets, but I love ice cream. And alcohol.....I admit it, I love beer, vodka, wine - all in moderation of course, but lots of empty calories.

I've been on this new fitness thing since Feb 5th, no alcohol since. But this weekend is going to be hard. We're heading out of town to visit the in-laws and going out to dinner of course. Saying no to a glass of wine with dinner is going to be so hard, let alone try to order something half way healthy.

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is part of my life. I enjoy some wine or a cocktail or 2 on weekends. All u have to do is figure it into your total calories for the day. As for going out to dinner-same thing-leave yourself enough calories for your dinner out and your wine. If you work-out, you'll have even more calories to eat (or drink). I'm doing this and still averaging over 1 pound weightloss per week.
  • Tess8807
    Options
    Alcohol is part of my life. I enjoy some wine or a cocktail or 2 on weekends. All u have to do is figure it into your total calories for the day. As for going out to dinner-same thing-leave yourself enough calories for your dinner out and your wine. If you work-out, you'll have even more calories to eat (or drink). I'm doing this and still averaging over 1 pound weightloss per week.
    Agreed. While I have lowered my alcohol consumption, I still drink. So when I want to I fit it into my daily calories.