Friends gaining weight!

Options
Everyone seems to be losing weight but I'm trying to gain about 5 KG to my ideal weigh of 80KG which is about 175 pounds or there abouts.

I recently moved cities for university and sport and dont know a single person!!

about me: Im 18, and very athletic. I play almost all sports but focus on triathlons and taekwondo (was a national competitor), and at the moment only have the gym to do since i dont know anyone.

Im studying psychology at UNSW (Australia).

Diet currently: Im aiming for about 3500 calories daily +- 100 doesnt really matter.
Macros: 180g Protein, 80g fats and the rest filled with carbs.

looking for friends who want to gain weight or lose it (doesnt matter to me).

tell me about yourselves and your goals :-)

Nick.

Replies

• thescrumisfun
    Options
    Hi I'm Laura! Right now I'm focusing on performance for the upcoming rugby season, so I'm not necessarily trying to lose weight (rather, increase my strength), but I've still got around twenty pounds to lose. I would like to be at around 20% body fat. Welcome to MFP!
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    You're probably not the only one around here looking to gain. After all, MFP is for both loss and healthy gain! So welcome :)

I'll add you as a friend to support your efforts! I'm 21, a horseback rider, attempted runner (I failed miserably last spring trying to run and ended up destroying my ankle, but will be trying again this year), and no gym access. I'm a full time student studying English Education and Special Education, and I commute an hour each way to my university. I use my home stationary bike a lot in the winter, because it's cold and snowy where I live. I also do the Jillian Michaels workout DVD's because she kicks my butt like a champ.

My goals have changed since I started MFP, and I actually need to reset my ticker to say my new goal of 130 pounds, not 145. I'm currently 151. My goal is to be at the 130 or so weight by this fall, because I'm wedding dress shopping for an August, 2014 wedding. I aim for 1400 minimum calories a day, but have no problem eating back my exercise calories, and I also allow myself the occasional cheat meal, because it keeps my system in check.

Glad to see some more younger people here, and good luck!
  • oudixon
    oudixon Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hell, I can tell you the unhealthy way to gain weight. hahaha

actually My cousin played College football and when he went to college they had him eating 5 to 6 full meals a day to have him gain weight and bulk up. He said that took a little bit to get used to. He went from 6-5 250 to 6-6 300 in less then a year I believe. the growth in height just happened.
  • enndeeee
    Options
    Hi I'm Laura! Right now I'm focusing on performance for the upcoming rugby season, so I'm not necessarily trying to lose weight (rather, increase my strength), but I've still got around twenty pounds to lose. I would like to be at around 20% body fat. Welcome to MFP!

Thanks!

good luck in the season coming, im too small to play rugby at the moment, not stock enough ( I would get snapped in half!), but i have signed up for the afl team because i like to run around! If you want strength and weight loss i would recommend a keto diet once every month for a week :-)
  • sozisfitnow
    sozisfitnow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Your lucky wanting to gain, but I presume muscle rather than weight, although apparently a little fat alway goes with bulking up muscle wise. Being a Triathlete and your intense martial arts training , well I would put you at 4,000 to 5,000 cals when training
    hard , so you have a tough job on your hands, keeping so many calories nutritious!
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Aussie, eh?

I'll add you; also trying to gain - 55kg's here going on 60. ^_^
  • enndeeee
    Options
    @cowgirlashlee good luck and congratulations!!

@Oudixon wow that is a big guy. Im looking to going about 1 pound (0.5KG) of bodyweight a week.

@sozzel007 Im going to bulk up for the first few months of this year (with medium training), still needs to be increased because no season has started yet. Toward the middle of the year cut down to my 74KG weight class so ill keep similar macros (4k cals with intense training).
  • oudixon
    oudixon Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    He is a HUGE guy. but moved well for it. He was an offensive lineman. However- best of luck with it.

My guess would be to maybe add a meal- but make it healthy still- chicken and plenty of protein. That may help you bulk up some.