HURRY!! LOSE WEIGHT FAST!!!

Options
arewethereyet
arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
I have found the trick, the solution...............the ultimate answer to your weight loss problems......................:bigsmile:

DIG A FREAKING TRENCH!!:sick:

OMG this is the hardest work I have ever done in my life. My dearest husband decided to DIY on our sewer hook up. Our hookup is in the back of the house which means the hardest part is digging the trench 3-4 ft deep, 2 ft wide and 150 long!! My 27 yr old son, 22 yr old daughter and I have done it and it is amazing how many calories can be burned!

So I would impore you to look around your house for projects my MFP friends and do them this summer! It is very satisfying to see the work you have accomplished........................and even more fun to see 1000 calories beeping on your heart rate monitor!!

Wonder what I will have for dinner???:huh:

:flowerforyou: Jeannie

Replies

• arewethereyet
    Options
    What summer projects do you have planned around your home this summer??

I am thinking of donating time the the Habitat for Humanity.
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    :glasses: we have to build a fence!!!! :grumble: so i guess i will be diggin some holes this summer too! :bigsmile: just not quite as big as yours!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    :glasses: we have to build a fence!!!! :grumble: so i guess i will be diggin some holes this summer too! :bigsmile: just not quite as big as yours!

Ah, but you will be bending and squattng and lifting the fence!! What a great way to get in shape and get a tan too!!
  • shylanikole
    Options
    Well, number one, I have a 3 year old son, number two were getting a puppy for my 3 year old son....and number three im thinking about volunteering at a pet shelter.... wonder what thats gonna get me :D lol i mean as far as calories per day
  • nikki_zav
    nikki_zav Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I fired my lawn guy and bought a reel mower (with the spinny blades). Even though I have a mostly flat lawn it's a great workout and a great way to spend some time outside!! Weeding is also great with all the bending and ripping.

Good luck everyone!!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I know how to make the trench digging even MORE effective.......Are you ready???? ....Take all the fattening "no no" foods from your kitchen and drop them into the trench before you fill it back up!!!!:noway: :noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously, good luck with all that digging. And think of all the money you are saving on excavation! You can put it toward a new wardrobe!!!!
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Holy cow... that's impressive!!!
  • eileen7316
    eileen7316 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Jeannie,

Not to mention the money you saved! Instead of paying someone to lose the weight, you actually earned money AND burned calories!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    :noway: I am printing this and giving to DH so when I come in with bags of clothes from Anne Taylor Loft he won't get mad!!:laugh: :laugh:

He is so proud of all of us for helping him! He has rebuilt our home from floor to roof since we moved in. He has an injury and cannot do it right now........so I am so happy to be fit and in shape and able to help him!!

Oh and I spent my calories on some baked beans!! Yummo!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    :grumble: strapping on the HRM for another 2 hours in the yard.

Have a great day :glasses:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Imagine that, one lil' ol' trench can stimulate your weight loss AND the economy--all at the same time!! Call WA DC!! We have have found a way to fuel the "economic recovery." Hmmmm, Is Ann Taylor open on Sundays?? :laugh: :laugh:

Happy Digging!!!:flowerforyou:
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I mow my own lawn... and we have a big lawn. It needs mowed every 4-5 days and I burn about 1000 calories doing it. I've found that gardening (digging, planting, weeding, etc.) burns a fair amount of calories and is a great leg workout! Last week we planted 10 saplings in our yard.... that burnt a lot of calories too!

As far as major home improvement projects... we have a few that need to be done... but none that we're ready to do...lol!
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Hey WTG! Reminds me I have tons of yard work to do that I have been putting off. Burning calories is a good motivator though!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I have found the trick, the solution...............the ultimate answer to your weight loss problems......................:bigsmile:

DIG A FREAKING TRENCH!!:sick:

OMG this is the hardest work I have ever done in my life. My dearest husband decided to DIY on our sewer hook up. Our hookup is in the back of the house which means the hardest part is digging the trench 3-4 ft deep, 2 ft wide and 150 long!! My 27 yr old son, 22 yr old daughter and I have done it and it is amazing how many calories can be burned!

So I would impore you to look around your house for projects my MFP friends and do them this summer! It is very satisfying to see the work you have accomplished........................and even more fun to see 1000 calories beeping on your heart rate monitor!!

Wonder what I will have for dinner???:huh:

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
    Awesome Jeannie, spent time with the family, who also got a great workout in with you, & helped the hubby plus baked beans besides!.:drinker: :tongue: