How many sizes lost?

Options
So Something I wasn't sure on how it worked was.. On pants. If you go from example 20 to 14s how many pants sizes are you dropping? Some places have the in between sizes of those number, but some places just go 20 to 18 to 16 to 14. I figured that people people on here would be able to explain it better. Thanks =)

Replies

• Camille0502
    Camille0502 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    bump - because I don't know and have always been curious, too!
  • savbentley
    Options
    IMO, 20 to 14 would be 3 sizes.
  • atthebeach08
    atthebeach08 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I agree.I went from 14 to 10's and consider that 2 pant sizes.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    IMO, 20 to 14 would be 3 sizes.

I agree with this. In this case the person has lost size 20, size 18, and size 16. Three sizes. Obviously this person wears misses sizes and not juniors, which are the odd numbers, so those wouldn't be counted. My opinion, anyway.
  • stacylperry
    stacylperry Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the brand of the pants.
    Some are sold by size 20 18 16 ect...
    some are sold by waist 34 32 30 ect...
    either way, a size down is a success ! I went from a 24 to a current 14, I count that as losing 4 sizes.
  • jennielou75
    jennielou75 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    In the uk we just go in 2s. I have gone from a size 30 to a size 18 so far so that is 7 sizes.
  • 716Laura37
    716Laura37 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I was pretty sure it was 3 sizes lost. I just wanted to make sure I was doing it right! Appreciate the help. And good job everyone on your down sizes!
  • Kempossible
    Kempossible Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Still in the process of losing but I started at a size 18 and now I'm an 8. I consider that to be a 5 size drop.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Odd sizes (7,9,11) are junior sizes. Misses sizes are even numbers. So going from 20 to 14 would be 3 sizes.
  • Crissy_m
    Options
    Congratz