Shoes

Options
Just beginning this awesome journey and each day I am more and more excited of where this is going to take me. I have begun walking on a tread mill and am up to about 1 1/2 miles a day. I also have just got a copy of Zumba, I am stoked about trying. However, I am looking for any suggestion and recommendations on new shoes. My old ones were definitely not made for moving LOL Do you suggest a running show or a cross training shoe and what are your favorites? Thanks

Replies

• d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Just beginning this awesome journey and each day I am more and more excited of where this is going to take me. I have begun walking on a tread mill and am up to about 1 1/2 miles a day. I also have just got a copy of Zumba, I am stoked about trying. However, I am looking for any suggestion and recommendations on new shoes. My old ones were definitely not made for moving LOL Do you suggest a running show or a cross training shoe and what are your favorites? Thanks

Regardless of suggestions on here, I highly suggest going and trying them on.

If you are running and walking, running shoes are going to be the most comfortable. If you are going to be moving side to side and jumping cross training shoes will be more comfortable. Depends on your end goal, but regardless, I highly recommend going to a foot locker and trying a lot of them on and moving around in them a lil bit. I researched and got opinions then got to the store and the shoes I thought I wanted just didn't quite fit right on my feet.
  • terrydell
    terrydell Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Because I am not a hardcore runner, I went with the versatility of cross-trainers. I bought the New Balance 1211 shoe. They offer great lateral support and are light weight They work well for running as well as aerobics, such as Zumba or Insanity. I recommend going to a New Balance store and getting fit for the right shoe. They have widths and builds that will not work and then you will find one that fits like a glove. The 1211 instantly felt great and still fit perfectly 50 workout hours later.

Good luck!
  • SKMC0214
    SKMC0214 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thank you both so much. :)
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    I bought a pair of Altra zero-drop shoes recently, and really am loving them.