Xtend Barre DVD

Options
Soo I did this workout this morning: http://www.self.com/blogs/flash/2011/04/hot-barre-method-workout-hits.html & according to MFP (logging it as part dance-part pilates) I burned about 200 cals. This website says it can burn up to 700 cals O.O. Huge difference ... how would you log this?

Also, I did the actual full 55 minute DVD ... not the little sample exercise Self posted online.

Because I know I am going to get the response from someone I'll address it in advance: I do NOT have a HRM.

Replies

• pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you can take your heart rate by counting your heartbeats in one minute. We use to do that in one step aerobics class I was in the 80's... no special equipment needed but a clock/watch that counts seconds.

If you know your heart rate , weight, height, it can be calculated . In the meantime, send an email to the people at self as to how to calculate the calls burned... they are pretty responsive.

Congrats on completeing the 55 minutes - I started my Barre 3 28 day challenge today and the40 minute body shaper kicked my BUTT!
  • altinker
    altinker Posts: 173
    Options
    I use an HRM and do barre exercises. I'm 5'2" and 119 lbs. I burn between 200 and 300 calories for an hour -- depending on intensity. The Intermediate/Advanced/faster moving range are closer to 300 calories, and the Beginner/Intermediate -- more explanation and setup sessions are closer to 200 calories. If you want specifics, I've done Bar Method, Dailey Method and Physique 57. Just message me.