New Here-- 34 year old mom needing help.

Options
I just started this website on Friday and I am loving it! I need to lose weight for medical reasons. I have out of control blood sugars and blood pressure. I dont' want to be on pills the rest of my life if there is something that I can do to stop it.

I hate the way I look and I have for a long time. I just don't know how to change to get back to the old me that I could look at in a mirror and not be on the verge of tears. I need some support and I am hoping that this is the right place.

Replies

• PaulaDygert
    PaulaDygert Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I haven't had to loose weight before so its all new to me and this site is very helpful. Good luck on your journey!
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Mandi901. I've been on this site for over 130 days and have lost over 30 pounds in that time with the help of the friends I've made here. You can do it!
  • Topsurf3
    Topsurf3 Posts: 17
    Options
    Welcome to my fitness pal! I have found this website sooo helpful. Being conscious of what I eat everyday by logging it in has really helped and getting in my excercise everyday has really helped. There are a lot of supportive people on here too with the same goals of getting healthy. My advice is everyday log in what you eat (even if its bad). This is your first step to getting where you want to go. Take it day by day. I have lost 1 to 2 pounds a week and I know this site as helped a lot. Take care!
  • TonyaR
    TonyaR Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36 year old mom, and although I don't have health issues I can sympathize with not liking how you look because I'm the same way in spite of what other say! I've only been on the site for little over a month but have lost 13 pounds in that time. I've met a lot of very supportive women, so you can do it! And welcome!
  • kellycrow
    kellycrow Posts: 140
    Options
    38 yr old mom of 3 here. i have been on this site since january and just love it! i have referred many friends to it. most of them have had the same problem i have had --- tried to eat better to lose weight... but unless it is logged in someplace, it is soooo easy to get off track. i tried a journal on paper but found that a computer makes me feel more accountable! isn't that nuts?! haha!!
    anyway - you can do this. we are all here for each other. having this site to log into even makes the plateaus more bearable! haha!! (i should know - i am at one now!! :o) )
    good luck and see ya 'round the site!!!
    kelly
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Good luck on your journey. If you would like you can add me as a friend.
  • monicawildonger
    monicawildonger Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    HI, I've been on here for over 100 days. I logged all my food in even on the occasions where I go over. I had bypass surgery and still struggle to lose. It's the first time I've ever counted calories and it's working for me! Good luck... let me know how ur doing.:flowerforyou:
  • hehawwolfley
    Options
    I am a stay at home mom of five that has a love hate relationship with my pantry! This web site is great and good friends are important! Add me as a friend if you would like! Good luck!
  • mandi0901
    mandi0901 Posts: 6
    Options
    Thank you to everyone for the encouragement. I feel so much better knowing that I am not alone.
  • wiseg2
    wiseg2 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I'm sure you'll love this site. Its exactly what I needed to help me lose weight. I've stuggled with being overweight my entire life. I'm a 20 year old mother of 2 and I'm also a part time student. You can add me if you want.
  • LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Options
    Welcome, I am also new and I know just how you feel! I also have high blood pressure, but really no matter what my weight has been (even 80lbs ago) my blood pressure was still high, so for me I think its genetics! Anyways I am loving the site so far and sure hope this time I can stick with this life change!!
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Morning! You are in the right place. I'm here to support you when you need it!!
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Welcome you came to the right place,it's been helpful to me i just started agian on friday to lose weight,it's a great website.I'm here for you.