Trying to Understand but still dont get it

Options
This is obvious, no idea why its still negative ......I'm not very smart obviously so my math is pretty bad.

1860 Calories Remaining
Goal Food Exercise = Net
1910 1466 - 1416 50

About to give up.....

Replies

• Greeneyez0623
    Greeneyez0623 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ok easy answer eat just the goal calories it gives you. And exercise. JUst ignore the other numbers for a while till you get the hang of the calorie thing.
  • Pink_turnip
    Pink_turnip Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    It's a math equation.
    first it shows your goal 1910, then it shows what you have eaten 1466 and subtracts your exercise (this is why it's showing a 'negative') -1416 and then it shows you the net calories you have eaten, which is the value of that math equation we just did;

Goal. Food - Exercise = net calories

Goal is 1910. Today's food and exercise: 1466 - 1416 = 50

What you are trying to do, is get your net calories, to be equal to, or close to your daily goal.
    This also means that you need to eat WAAAAYYYYYY more if you're wanting to exercise that much.

I know it seems like if you eat, and then burn off EVERYTHING you have eaten, you will lose weight, but you also have to factor in that your body needs your original 'goal' amount just for regular everyday functions, like digestion and breathing.
    If you try to burn off absolutely everything, you're not going to succeed, and you're going to make yourself sick. Also, by trying to go at full speed right out of the gates, there is a good chance you will injure yourself.
    This is going to be a slow process, but I highly recommend doing it this way, because once you get used to it, it makes it something that is sustainable forever.
    You're re-training yourself how to eat and take care of your body.
    You didn't gain everything in one day, you're not going to lose it that quickly either.

Also, don't put yourself down, this is new to you, so you're not necessarily going to get it right away. Keep trying, it gets easier, and there is a huge support system available!