There has to be someone like me.

Options
I am looking for a friend who is determined, motivated and excited to lose weight. I just need someone who understands more what I am going through. I started the program with 100 pounds to lose and now, I need to lose 96 pounds...
I am starting 30 day shred tomorrow, I give myself 1310 calories a day, I am bad about drinking a lot of water, I am the type of person who needs a friend to be held accountable. I have a few texting pals but, not many. I send pictures of my meals daily and I text about not only weight loss but, life as well. I am looking for a friend with similar goals as mine so, it would be wonderful if I could find one who is about 250 pounds.
A little bit about me: I have been engaged since January 26th 2012 to my best friend, soul mate and father of my first Child. I just had Journey (my daughter) about two months ago and I'm finally back on the weight loss train. I am aiming to get to 144 pounds and currently, I am at 240. I am proud of how far I have come but, I can't wait until I get even further. I have a long and painful path which didn't help eating habits any. When my fiance and I got together, I was roughly 200 pounds.... He made me so comfortable about myself that over the years we have been together, pounds of fat have crept up to me and stuck! I am sick of living this way daily and I want to be healthier and sexier not only for me but, for him.
anybody with me? :) Who is around the same weight, looking to lose and ready to send meal pictures and a whole lot of friendly motivation during the day? Please comment or just message me! :)

thanks a lot.

Replies

• tcs1012
    tcs1012 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you would like. I joined MFP on January 2nd and have lost 10 ponds so far by keeping track of my calories and trying to walk a mile or two on most days. I usually walk on my morning and afternoon breaks at work but don't always get it done during the weekends. I also started 30DS last Sunday. There are several groups available for additional motivation.

I currently have my goal set to 150 which is roughly what I weighed when I got married almost 11 years ago but I would ultimately like to be 130 which is what I weighed about 13 years ago so I know that is realistic and also what that looks like on my body style. I also know that at a pound a week that it won't happen overnight so I am looking at this as more of a lifestyle change than as a diet. My husband and I are doing this together which is probably the only way that its working so well. I don't think I could do it without him and his constant encouragement.
  • mssunshine_7
    mssunshine_7 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like. I joined MFP in January. I don't share my weight or age but I have about 100 pounds to lose. Unfortunately, I weigh more now than I did when I was pregnant. My new year's resolution was to cut out fast food entirely and I have. I started an 8 week plan (not a diet) January 7 that has a list of goals to go by each day (eat 2 fruits, 3 veggies, use a food journal, exercise, no sweets, exercise 30-45 min 5 days/wk, drink 64 oz of water, no eating after 9pm and contact my teammate(s) daily). I have a co-worker doing this with me but she isn't quite as motivated as I am. I have another friend who will start the 8 week plan I'm doing on March 4 when I begin another cycle. I stepped up my plan at week 5 to be a little more restrictive (no white stuff...flour, sugar, potatoes and no artificial sweeteners, etc). I haven't been perfect but I have done pretty well. I'm exercising 6 days a week now, instead of 5 and trying to do more than 30 minutes most days. I'm down 10 lbs. My daughter is happy that I'm losing weight and exercising more. I discovered I HATE Zumba so I decided to buy Jillian Michaels 90 Day Body Revolution and have been doing that for 2 weeks. Week 3 begins on Monday. I expect the next cycle to kick my butt. It would be great to have someone who is as motivated as I am and going thru the same issues. Off to do my cardio now.
  • MaryPoppinsIAint
    MaryPoppinsIAint Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Oh, sweetie, you and I are totally on the same page. I started here at 238, I'm 225 after getting home from the hospital yesterday (in for a week, gall bladder removed). Goal is 150 (though secretly, I'd be over the moon if I could hit 130-140 again), so I still have 75 pounds to go. Water is actually one of my stronger points, whereas meal planning is hard for me because I tend to forget to eat until I'm HUNGRY. So we can help each other out there, since you're being more conscious of what's going on your plate. The great thing is I am pretty much always online one way or another, I'm about as tech-addicted as it gets. Unless I'm sleeping or my son needs my attention, I can be reached! :)
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    I have reached my goal through months of trials and tribulations. I am 52 and will start the the 30 DS, third level on Monday. Normally I comment on everyone's progress. If that fits, add me.
  • roblow65
    roblow65 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi, I don't really do alot of pictures, but I do have a little more than 100 lbs to lose, you can add me as a friend if you'd like! :flowerforyou:
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Why is your calorie goal so low?
  • PaigeAnderson100
    PaigeAnderson100 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal isn't too low. I asked my doctor how many calories I should be consuming to lose weight and he told me to shoot for 1200, I than went onto a calorie calculator and it told me to eat 1236 calories a day but, MFP says 1310. thanks for asking.
  • b1505
    b1505 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I'm at 231 and looking to get below 150. Been struggling a bit lately for motivation so would be good to have new friends.