young with a little to lose, but a lot to gain!

Options
Hi everyone! I'm looking for some young women who have been struggling with weight their whole lives. Even though I'm not extremely overweight, in my family, there is a history of obesity, and ever since I've been young, I've struggled to maintain a healthy weight. I am currently a college athlete, but I often take my frequent exercise as an excuse to treat my body like a garbage disposal--not good!! Not only does it make me feel bad/tired/worn out, but the weight creeps on despite all the exercise I do. I'm worried for the day I no longer work out for 2 hours a day, and how my eating habits will quickly destroy my health. I want to establish good habits now, and I'm looking to lose btwn 10-15 lbs in 10-15 weeks (aka 3-5 months).

If any young lady out there wants to have a motivational friend, I'd love to be yours and for you to be mine! (only girls please--sorry guys!!)

Replies

• Kibbles22
    Options
    Hi, I'm in the same-ish boat. I am young, but just got a desk job and have started packing on the pounds since. It has been a year and I now have 20lbs to lose. :(

Just looking for some people who can keep me on track.
  • h0026
    h0026 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi, I fit your bill. Small goals, but dang the last pounds can be hard. I have been at it almost three months and am down 10 pounds (slow and steady wins the race). I don't know exactly how much I want to lose because for me its hard to tell how much left I have to lose (maybe 15-20 left?) I'm currently a full time college student with two part time jobs, so I often have a hard time finding time to exercise, but I try my best. It would be nice to have some have some friends my age with similar issues and goals.
  • Miellee
    Options
    Hi! I'm a little older than you, but I do remember those college eating days. Man I miss those days...that being said, I can sympathize with watching that pounds creep on no matter the exercise because of poor food choices. You can add me if you want :-)