Looking to meet new people and make friends!

Options
Hey everyone!

A bit of background information about me. I was an extremely active child, playing hockey all my life, as well as football during high school. After I started my first year of university, all that stopped and I gained quite a bit of weight. At the end of my freshman year, I was quite ashamed of myself and promised myself that if I wasn't going to play competitive sports anymore, I would at least lift weights/exercise. I started lifting on a consistent basis in April 2010 and haven't stopped since.

I did not become serious about bodybuilding until March 2012. That is when I began tracking macros and following strict diets, as well as seeing serious results. In May 2012, I got a smartphone and realized the convenience of the myfitnesspal mobile app and have been using it ever since.

I used myfitnesspal strictly for inputting food and did not even see the forum section because I would always just use the app on my phone and never login to the actual website. Today I logged in with my computer and saw all the forum sections. I have just realized that there is quite a large and friendly community here!

Anyways, I just wanted to say hello! If anyone has any questions, I'm always happy to share what I know! I'd love to get to know all the different type of people on here. I'm sure myfitnesspal has people from all different walks of life!

Replies

• TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP's online forums!
  • lisa4you143
    lisa4you143 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hey Michael! Are you a personal trainer? You sound like you should be! I've recently been trying to become more active and involved on this site because it's interesting hearing people's goals and seeing their success stories. I lost a good chunk of weight last year but kinda fell of track since then. I'm trying to really commit to my fitness and make it my first priority again! To be honest, sometimes becoming so focused can be kind of lonely because a lot of my friends have other priorities right now... going out to bars, partying, not worrying about their meals. It's nice logging on here and seeing people trying to change themselves for the better, it encourages me to keep going! :) Hope you are having a good weekend!
  • LiveTheLifeYouWillLove
    Options
    You are right, mfp has a great and supportive community. So many people here have inspired me! Dig through the forums and search topics that relate to you, good info there!
  • michael200042
    Options
    Thanks for the hospitality, everyone!

Hey Lisa! No, I am not a personal trainer. Unfortunately, I made the dumb choice of going to university to study to become a professional accountant! lol Lots of work and no time for a social life! Trust me, I know all about being lonely! My textbooks and I have close relationship! lol

Personal training is definitely something that interests me, though. I don't know what the pay is like. Maybe I might do it part time once I start my career or even after I retire. But as of now, I've invested too much time and money into schooling. I currently only have a year and a half of school left to finish my degree! I can see the light!

In terms of motivation, I'll be brutally honest. Being a young guy, my main source of motivation comes from the opposite sex. When my body started changing, I got a lot more female attention. Male attention, too, actually. Girls would complement me, and guys would constantly ask what my workout routine was like. The psychological high of getting compliments all the time and the increase in potential sexual conquests is what got me started! (but not what keeps me going!)
  • ScarletteS
    Options
    Welcome!!! I just found this week thst MFP has a forum group. A lot of these stories are very inspirational. Good luck on your journey!
  • Miellee
    Options
    haha, sounds like you found this forum same way I did--only after having had MFP app on the phone! The stories are really inspiring, kind of makes me want to hit the gym right now :-)

GL with your fitness goals!