Needing to lose weight VS. Needing to gain weight

Options
I have a super skinny friend who always comments on how she wants to gain weight. I used to be like, "Wow, I'm jealous if THAT'S your problem! Gaining weight is easy for me."

I used to brush off that problem of hers thinking mine was worse, but I think I was wrong. Maybe they're equally as bad?

Wasn't sure where I should post this, so sorry if it should be somewhere else c:

Replies

• morticiamom
    morticiamom Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    You're young to have reached that realization. You must be extra 'people smart'. I think it's even harder for the underweight, because they get less sympathy and education. People assume that they already know how to gain weight, but don't really want to.
  • michael7585
    Options
    Im a skinny guy, ive been trying to gain weight for a long time. my friends always tell me that they would trade my body for theirs. they say they are jealous. but honestly, its a major problem for me. but im making a change now, eating right and working out. i wont stop till i achieve my goal
  • lexherrera
    lexherrera Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I get a lot of comments similar to "I wish I had your body!"

I've recently starting strength training and going to the gym to hopefully put on some muscle. I don't want to be that girl who needs help out because she bought a 50lb bag of cat litter... :\