Options
NikkiDerrig386
NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
Any ideas for a healthy pasta dish?

Replies

• vicidoesstuff
    vicidoesstuff Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    With pasta, I just chuck in any vegetables I know that taste good together. Things like aubergine (eggplant), onion, courgette, tomatoes, mushroom...

Sometimes when I can't be bothered to cook something slightly more complicated, I just cook the pasta, drain it, put it back in the pan with some chopped tomatoes from a tin and heat it up again. Sorted. That's a bit bland, though, so perhaps that's not what you're after. Adding some diced chicken to that would spice it up a bit. Or any vegetables. I just experiment and see what works.
  • samfenton4
    samfenton4 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i would use like a wheat pasta. in a sauce pan put some minced garlic, tomato, spinach, and olive oil. just eyeball the amounts for the amount of pasta that you have. dont overdo the oil cuz it wont taste good, and probably just a teaspoon of garlic should be plenty! you could also add some shrimp or chicken in there too for some protein! sorry i dont have measurments. i always eyeball the amount...
  • katie30
    katie30 Posts: 55
    Options
    Penne or Bowtie Pasta
    Garlic Olive Oil (or your favorite seasoned oil, extra virgin base is best, but they all work)
    Feta Cheese
    Grated Parmesan Cheese
    Cooked Chicken Breast (can be home cooked, grilled or the pre-cooked strips)
    Baby Spinach
    Red pepper flakes (optional)

Portions of the above can be varied for your taste and diet restrictions. I recommend no more than 3/4 tablespoon on the oil. Cook the pasta, heat the chicken through with the oil, toss all of it together in a bowl. That's it. Takes no time at all.
  • Pariah
    Pariah Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    i just made this for dinner tonight.

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=677637

i used frozen broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower with cheese sauce, instead of just veggies. green giant makes one with 45 cals per serving. i also used half a cup of the fat free cheddar, and half a cup of the 2% cheddar. so my calories were slightly higher, but not by much.
  • TheMotherAwesome
    TheMotherAwesome Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Chicken-Artichoke-Pasta-2

^^ I made that last night. Super good, but next time, I'll increase the amount of vegetables by just a bit. My kids even loved it!
  • sunshinestate
    sunshinestate Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat pasta - toss with arugula, halved cherry tomatoes, black olives, and goat cheese. Make a dressing with 3 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp red wine vinegar, and 2 tbsp dijon mustard. Fabulous.
  • vanessaxlynne
    Options
    I love making this dish and my kids love it..

Linguine noodles boiled, with a few minutes left of boiling throw in veggie (I use broccoli) in another pan I put some olive oil in, saute onion and garlic and throw in bite sized pcs of chicken breast, seasoned the way you like it, cook until done then toss all together with parmesan cheese, not sure the nutritional info, but it sure is good :)