Rib cage?

Options
Does anyone else have a large rib cage? I know that might sound insane, but when I take pictures of my progress from a side view I can see my rib cage and it looks odd... even when I was 50 pounds heavier I could see my and feel my rib cage. When I was little people would call it my second set of boobs! Ha. funny, but odd looking.

Am I alone?

Replies

• Ashia1317
    Ashia1317 Posts: 415
    Options
    OMG! No! You are not alone. I feel totally the same way! They - like - stick out!! Drives me nuts! Every one elses seems flat. LOL
  • Margarette
    Margarette Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My ribs are large for my frame. But my fiance actually has what is called an inverted rib cage. Its not dangerous but the ribs go out a little bit more and then back in to connect to the sternum.
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I can grab them and wrap my fingers around the other side, I feel like I could ripped them out if I try. I agree, it's weird. Glad I'm not a freak after all. :laugh:
  • Ashia1317
    Ashia1317 Posts: 415
    Options
    AND!! That's where my fat is sticking too! Drives me insane! My tummy and ribs. Sheesh!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Yep, a little. I also have a pronounced "outtie" at the bottom of my sternum. Pokes way out, looks a little wierd. Get sore if I sleep on it.
  • StephanieCanene
    Options
    I can grab my ribs too... haha, it's gross! I always could, even when I was heavier. It's not like I'm an unhealthy weight or anything. Glad I'm not alone. Ha.
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    AND!! That's where my fat is sticking too! Drives me insane! My tummy and ribs. Sheesh!

OMG me too!!
  • mrsyatesy
    mrsyatesy Posts: 173
    Options
    Mine too - and to boot I dont have much of a chest so when I lie down I look like I ahve a lower set of boobs pretty much the same size as the others!!! If only some of the fat on my backside would transfer to my boobs I might look balanced out!!! :sad:
  • SewRue
    SewRue Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way too...all ribs. When I lost my first few pounds I looked like unhealthy in the ribs and chest. But my ribs like protrude out almost. I don't know it's weird. However I can't lose in my mid-section. The physiology of weight lost within our own bodies is so confusing. Just keep at it.
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Mine too - and to boot I dont have much of a chest so when I lie down I look like I ahve a lower set of boobs pretty much the same size as the others!!! If only some of the fat on my backside would transfer to my boobs I might look balanced out!!! :sad:

:laugh: I always had big boobs but now that I have lost weight they are so much smaller now. I even said something to a co-worker (I understand how hard it is to have big boobs) who didn't know me before my loss and she looked at me like I was crazy! :laugh: Nursing two kiddos and weight loss has made them flat!
  • highrise
    highrise Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Wow, I thought I was the only one; I've always blamed it for my flattish chest. I have a huge ribcage - like the poster above, even at 180lbs you could see my ribs!
  • vivideloquence
    vivideloquence Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I always thought I was alone too! large ribs sometime make it hard to find shirts that fit the top but aren't too big in the tummy :(
  • hehawwolfley
    Options
    We should start a club....:) What should we call it????
    "our second set of boobs club"?

Glad to know I am not the only one!
  • SayRah
    SayRah Posts: 104
    Options
    Yup, I have 'em too. If I stretch out too much (and if I had some more defined abs, lol) I would look like a lego :/
  • jkohan
    jkohan Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    OK, this thread is useless without pics! LOL. I've noticed more that mine do too....weird!
  • ccg_corrin
    Options
    you can fix 3 of my arms verticaly just on the side of my rib cage :/
  • Serenity79
    Options
    Yeah, I've always thought I have HUGE ribs, lol!