Ran First Official 10K!

Options
Tamishumate
Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
this morning, ran it in 71:40. A little above my goal, I wanted to be under 70, but that can be my goal for the next one! Great to have done it, and , had anyone told me even last summer that I would have done this I wouldnt have believed them, in fact, I would have laughed at them. Last summer When I started C25K I couldnt run the 1 minute in week one without feeling like I would die. This morning I ran over 71 mins , and RAN every bit, even hills.

here is a pic of my friend Jenn and I prior to start of the race.

TaminJennbefore10k-1.jpg

if you ever wonder if you can do it to, stop wondering , YOU CAN! :drinker:

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    shut UP!! You did not!! That freaking rocks Tam!! I love your 'can do' attitude.

Congratulations 0002013F.gif
  • Tamishumate
    Options
    shut UP!! You did not!! That freaking rocks Tam!! I love your 'can do' attitude.

SHUT UP!! I totally DID!! lol
    Thank you :)

one of my friends who is a fitness instructor at the gym was there at the finish line with flowers, SUCH A NICE surprise! Love her!
  • arewethereyet
    Options

SHUT UP!! I totally DID!! lol
    Thank you :)

one of my friends who is a fitness instructor at the gym was there at the finish line with flowers, SUCH A NICE surprise! Love her!

that would have made me cry:cry: . What a wonderful friend. I can only imagine how you must feel. You have accomplished so much, but that didn't stop you from doing even more!!

Great job
  • armywife84
    armywife84 Posts: 2
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • Tamishumate
    Options
    I almost did! and it isnt like it was close by, she had to get up early and drive to seattle about a 35 , 40 min drive from where she lives. Too Sweet! she runs, so she knows what its like to have someone there, She asked me last week if my family will be there, and they couldnt cause my little guy had a baseball game, so I told her no. She was kind enough to be my cheerleader!
  • AllisonMS
    AllisonMS Posts: 104
    Options
    You are totally inspiring, as ever.
    Thank you for sharing your journey, and this thrilling news!
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    WTG! And what a nice friend! A good support system makes all the difference!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Tami-

WTG--You continue to be an inspiration around here!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: (<I got you some "flowers" too!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :wink: )

Barb
  • Tamishumate
    Options
    Tami-

WTG--You continue to be an inspiration around here!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: (<I got you some "flowers" too!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :wink: )

Barb

LOL , thank you !! too sweet :happy:
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Tami... you are fabulous. Congrats on the 10k.
  • HollyBonns
    HollyBonns Posts: 3
    Options
    Congratulations. Fantastic news. Well done. Very inspiring. Thank you.

Regards from down under.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Tami-

Barb

:grumble: Barb forgot to mention I went in halfsies with her on the flowers. Thanks Barb:angry:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

:laugh: :laugh:
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Oh, CONGRATS!
    :flowerforyou:

I ran my first 10K yesterday, as well, and it was indeedy an amazing feeling to cross the finish line!
    (Although didn't stretch properly after and am stiffish today, ungh).
  • Tamishumate
    Options
    Tami-

Barb

:grumble: Barb forgot to mention I went in halfsies with her on the flowers. Thanks Barb:angry:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

:laugh: :laugh:

LOL Thank you
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!