A tentative hello and request for tips?

Options
Hi all,

Well i have only just joined today because i am sick of looking in the mirror (whilst trying to avoid my reflection) and being repulsed at what i see. I hate the way i look.

I am 106kgs and i feel disgusting. Its starting to affect my everday life because i am miserable. But i am an emotional eater too so its a vicious cycle. Feel disgust - eat - feel even more disgusted - eat some more etc etc.

I want to make a change but i'm not really sure how to do so. Although joining here is a good start i would think!

I'd like to lose 20kgs to start with. What a massive daunting number that is! But i'm ready to say goodbye to it - boy am i ready!

Does anyone have any tips they would like to share?

I hope to be able to get to know some people on this journey - i'd quite like to have some others to do this with so would love to hear from people that would like to "buddy up" i guess? I think i'd have more success if i didn't feel like i was doing this on my own.

:)

Replies

• thedescentofhope
    thedescentofhope Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Weigh everything! In 1.5 months I've lost 12.1lbs through watching what I eat, I've exercised in total
    Maybe 2 weeks out of that time, and nothing extreme. Weight loss really starts in the kitchen! Stay positive! Only weigh yourself once a week. Start incorporating weights into any exercise routine you may be thinking of starting up.
  • valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hullo & welcome :D It's a great first step you've made to come on here and start taking control of your life. If you haven't been very active for a long time, perhaps start simple by walking? ^^ This is great especially if you have a park somewhere near by or something nice to see or listen to while you walk. I love listening to audiobooks ;)
  • angelicscars
    angelicscars Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on taking the first step!

I would recommend tracking everything, when you first start it is a real eye opener.

Good luck!
  • fkwilhelm
    fkwilhelm Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I also can recommend tracking a lot. It is a great eye-opener and is has some interesting feedback ("if I eat this, I will have to track it")