im just not hungry....

Options
Ive always had a problem with over eating and being hungry all the time. However since i have started excersizing and getting in better shape i have found that I am less and less hungry. MFP says that im supposed to be consuming 1600 per day but lately I havent even been getting close. If i try to hit that i feel over full and bloated. Someone i know said try eating a few "less healthy" things to fill in the gaps but i no longer have the desire to eat that way (for the most part). is this going to effect my weight loss?? should i force myself to eat even if im not hungry??

Replies

• alexandrastaines
    Options
    Try splitting up your meals. They say six small meals a day...maybe make them larger rather then smaller...still healthy, just larger. Also, carb helps contribute to calories so maybe op for that but in moderation of course :)
  • CaddieMay
    CaddieMay Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Imigen04
    Imigen04 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    You do need to reach at least 1200 because if u don't your body will just hold onto everything cause it thinks its starving.
  • ChocoMello
    ChocoMello Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Frist of all: you look awesome! From yoir profike pics i could not believe your weght, you lok so much smaller!
    And your face is stunning! Very pretty!

For your probkwm: try nuts and try fruit. Or drink some of your calories with sslf mads juices or such..?
  • jsdholland
    jsdholland Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Try getting in that 3rd meal a day....looks like you are only eating two...or,if you only do two, bump up the fats and add a bit more to each portion....healthy fats are a healthy way too add calories without having to eat a lot....your body will thank you for the fuel.
  • Ldbg289
    Ldbg289 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I run into this a lot myself. Most days I'm lucky if I can make my calories add up to 1000 then MFP warns me that I'm not eating enough.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Whatever you're currently eating - either sprinkle some full fat cheese on top or smear peanut butter on it. Do both if you want.
  • otrlynn
    otrlynn Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    You can bump up your calories a bit without eating unhealthy stuff (that's probably how you got to the point where you want to lose weight, right?). Add things like peanut butter, nuts, avocados, dried fruit, whole grain bread or crackers, full or reduced fat yogurt. Congratulations on embracing a new way of eating!
  • Energizer06
    Energizer06 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    My wife had the same problem. Now she drinks one of my whey protein shakes between meals. Metabolizes in 30 min so in 45 -1hr your hungry again. Has 170 calories per scoop. So if 1 isn't enough 340 cslories definitely does the trick. And their great after your workout to help repair and build a nice toned muscle. The hardest part is finding a flavor u like
  • mrsappleblossom77
    mrsappleblossom77 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Are you logging everything you eat? Your diary shows you're only eating 2 meals a day and there's nothing on the weekends. You might be eating more than you realize if you're not logging everything. I find I do better when I log everything I plan to eat in the morning, that way I can just check to see what I can eat next. I don't get as many cravings because I see that there's another meal or snack on the way. If I decide I want something different or MFP says I can eat more or less, then I make adjustments.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I put whole flaxseed on my baked apple and granola in the morning. I add walnuts to my chicken pesto pasta and stir fry. I add almonds to my green beans and a little parmesan to my turkey pepper casserole. No sense in adding junk calories when there are healthy sources of nutrients.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I don't force myself to eat more when I'm not hungry. I figure it's all going to balance out because a day will come when I'm ravenous.

I also include healthy fats in my diet; that ups the calories too much sometimes.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Well, you don't log often or you don't eat for days so that's not really keeping track of what you do eat to know what your intake is. You don't have to substitute "bad" food to get your calories up. There are lots of healthy foods that will do that. Full fat dairy, nuts, peanut butter, oils for cooking or salads, avocado, meats, cheese, eggs. It's not hard to add those foods into your day and still be eating well. It's more of a mental block of telling yourself you aren't hungry rather than actually being full.
  • Energizer06
    Energizer06 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Are you logging everything you eat? Your diary shows you're only eating 2 meals a day and there's nothing on the weekends. You might be eating more than you realize if you're not logging everything. I find I do better when I log everything I plan to eat in the morning, that way I can just check to see what I can eat next. I don't get as many cravings because I see that there's another meal or snack on the way. If I decide I want something different or MFP says I can eat more or less, then I make adjustments.
    Totally agreed! Gotta log any food that passes the lips. This method works great for my family as well.