My First Forum!

Options
I've never done this before but I thought it'd be nice to be able to write down my joys and frustrations. I'm 5'3" and currently weigh 147. I know it's not huge and I'm learning to love the good things about my body (I love my eyes!). So when I get bogged down about the areas I want to change, I remember the things I love about myself. I would love to be under 140 some day!!

My husband and I would like to start a family sometime later this year and I just want to feel and be healthier before that happens.

I get bogged down easily because I don't lose weight easily and I tend to compare myself to other girls (which is a terrible thing) but I've been better about that lately. But could always use some encouragement!

1 Samuel 16:7 says "...God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the HEART."
This is such an encouagement to me because I know that God looks at the most improtant thing and that is my heart. Physical appearances eventually fade away but my heart and character is something that stays with me forever.

Replies

• coke_bottle
    coke_bottle Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Honey we all compare ourselves to others of the same sex!! Welcome and I wish you blessings and success. Amen to 1 Samuel 16:7!!!! feel free to add me:flowerforyou:
  • h0026
    h0026 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm a fellow shortie (5'2)! It's hard to carry weight when your short. I can totally relate to getting bogged down and wanting to give up due to slow weight loss. I have tried quite a few times and given up out of frustration. This time I am not going to let myself do that again. I have been at it for almost three months now (though I just joined here) and I'm down 10 pounds, sometimes it feels really slow but I have to remind myself that its worth it. I know that our perseverance will eventually be rewarded. BTW, love your use of scripture!
  • jolin5
    jolin5 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love you, baby girl! And I think you are beautiful inside and out!! ( to those following this.....she is my daughter! LOL )
  • KristaHilbert
    Options
    Thanks! The Bible is full of such encouraging passages!