Shoes during workouts?!

Options
Hey everyone!

I never actually thought to ask, in fact I never really thought too much about it. Whenever I do the 30 Day Shred/ workout at home I don't wear trainers. Should I be wearing them? Is it bad to not wear trainers when you workout?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I don't if I am at home. I just find it much more comfortable in my bare feet.
  • allforthethrill
    allforthethrill Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I don't if I am at home. I just find it much more comfortable in my bare feet.

Thanks heaps!
    I think I just find it more convenient, which obviously means I have more motivation to get my workout done. But, if it;s doing me harm I think I'll start wearing some trainers which actually support my feet.
  • ctyler150
    ctyler150 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Funny u ask! I always wonder that too...but I definetly go barefoot for p90x! I to find it much more comfortable!
  • allforthethrill
    Options
    Funny u ask! I always wonder that too...but I definetly go barefoot for p90x! I to find it much more comfortable!

You machine, P90X would kill me. LOL
  • allforthethrill
    Options
    BUMP!
  • allforthethrill
    Options
    BUMP again! (:
  • cairee
    cairee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I wear my runners for any workout, but I take them off for the stretches. Im strange that way. I find that jumps, plank positions, and anything that requires me to put my weight on my toes is more comfortable in runners.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,618 Member
    Options
    I don't wear shoes for 30day shred. I think the muscles in your feet and legs get a better workout without shoes. Now, if you are working out on concrete or tile, then you may need the padding of shoes. I work out on padded carpet.
  • cdl8
    cdl8 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I need to wear runners for everything I do. I have bad knees and ankles, but trying to do P90 and Insanity without support kills me. I wish I could do it without because then I might get motivated earlier! LOL
  • zhvah18
    zhvah18 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Unless I'm doing yoga or tae kwon do, I wear shoes every time.
  • allforthethrill
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses!
    It's great to see everyone's opinion! (:
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I wear running shoes for outside running and vibram five fingers for lifting and videos in my home gym. I like feeling the floor.
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I've tried it both ways (on 30 DAy Shred) but prefer barefoot. It is easier to do the jumping and cardio with shoes, but then on the lunges, etc I find myself sliding and hard to keep still. I'm sure it's because of my hardwood. But I'll try shoes again when my new Kswiss are delivered and see if a better quality shoe stops the slipping, but I'm doubting it will.

On another note, it also definitely depends what you are doing. It doesn't bother me to be barefoot for 30DS, but I spent about 3 or more hours playing Kinect Adventures barefoot today and my feet are so sore, so obviously I need shoes for it.
  • 2Bhealthier2
    2Bhealthier2 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I don't wear shoes at home normally so if I'm doing a work out here at home its bare feet except I'm starting Insanity tomorrow and I will be wearing shoes for that.

It all depends on your comfort level, if your feet are hurting get some support it not your good to go. : )
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Do whatever you're comfortable with. There's no reason to wear shoes. Personally I think it's good to do as much as possible without them - and that includes running outside in summer (and I live in Tokyo so we're talking running on the roads).
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I prefer to be barefoot for any sort of training, running or at lifting at the gym. If I have to wear shoes because I'm running down city streets or at a gym with a shoe rule, I wear vibram five fingers or sometimes Nike Frees.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Unless your feet start hurting, I wouldn't worry about it.