Newbie Logging Question

Options
I'm doing an App Similar to C25K, Called Zombies, Run! Where you Walk, Jog, Walk, Jog, Etc.

I'm going to ask a really newbie type question here an it's probably been asked a million times before but I didn't see the workout in the database, How do I log it? I don't have a HR monitor. Do I log it as two seperate work outs? The time spent jogging and the time spent walking? And the pace I set for both?

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I used to just log the walk and run separately but I had an idea of my pace.
    Does this app give you a calorie estimate? If so I would create my own exercise and enter in the cals.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Try to find an exercise that is similar, (walking? jogging?) then adjust the time spent accordingly. Only your body knows for sure how many calories it is burning. The numbers on MFP are not exact, they are estimates.
  • Aliahnnyah
    Aliahnnyah Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm going to download the App tonight, I'll fiddle with it and see if it gives me a calorie estimate or not. If not then I may just end up doing C25K.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Try to find an exercise that is similar, (walking? jogging?) then adjust the time spent accordingly. Only your body knows for sure how many calories it is burning. The numbers on MFP are not exact, they are estimates.

Everything is an estimate, from your BMR, to your TDEE, calories eaten and your calories burned, including calorie estimates from heart rate monitors.
  • beskimoosh
    beskimoosh Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    If you can work out how fast you're going (there's loads of free apps that will track your distance, then you can work it out from there) you can work out the average speed and put it in as that? I was going to try that app, it sounds much more fun than C25K!
  • tlheppler
    tlheppler Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I do interval running (run/walk) and I log it at the average between the two. So if i walk at 4mph, and run at 6mph, I log it at 5mph
  • FitzyFitzpatrick
    FitzyFitzpatrick Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Maybe use dailymile.com to help?
  • Aliahnnyah
    Options
    I do interval running (run/walk) and I log it at the average between the two. So if i walk at 4mph, and run at 6mph, I log it at 5mph

Do You log it as walking or as running then?
  • Aliahnnyah
    Options
    Maybe use dailymile.com to help?

I'll check that out thank you!