too few calories

Options
What if at the end of the night like after 10:00 pm I have too few calories consumed? I just thought that having fewer calories was a good thing but the more I read it's not. So how do I make up the extra calories sooooooooooo late?

Replies

• jamieakame24
    Options
    What if at the end of the night like after 10:00 pm I have too few calories consumed? I just thought that having fewer calories was a good thing but the more I read it's not. So how do I make up the extra calories sooooooooooo late?
  • atodaro
    atodaro Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is another day. Plan to do better. Eating right before bed is what sumo wrestlers do to gain weight.
    It is hard to get in all the calories you need sometimes. If you are eating lean meats and veggies alot, (like five or six smaller meals a day like what most programs recommend) it is a LOT of food. You have to plan ahead. But it does get easier with practice. Don't beat yourself up. You'll do better next time.
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter or nuts.....lots of calories and healthy.
  • hellonurse1983
    Options
    Hey I agree... it is easy to feel like you are getting behind when u try to eat healthier, i find if i try to start fresh every day and not try to make up for or compensate for the previous or following day it is not so ovewhelming.
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    If it was 10 pm, I too would just go to bed and start fresh the next day. I do not eat after 7 pm. I believe in eating your last food a couple of hours before bedtime. I can relate to your situation though because I have found myself needing 200 calories at 6:50 pm a lot of nights. I eat almonds. I think about 20 almonds are 180 calories. (Double check that information.)