almost done with 30DS - pics :)

Options
Whoops, posted this in Fitness, maybe it'd be better over here.
Hey all! I've been off of MFP for a while now, but my new years resolution to work out more is going well. Decided to start the 30 Day Shred on Jan 1, and though it's definitely been more than 30 days, I'm almost finished with the 30 workouts! I have four to go.

Here's my most recent progress picture:
tumblr_mi3agryKwi1s1jv4mo1_500.jpg

I don't own a scale, and I intend to keep it that way, but I'm really pleased with my progress! I've also been working some yoga in here and there, and intend to do much more of that once I get through the 30DS and RI30 after that. I'm also registered to run my second 10K this year; last year was my first, and I'm hoping to improve on the time I set then.

Overall, I think the thing that's working for me better this year than any year before is that I'm setting lots of mini-goals. Get through the 30DS, and a goal is accomplished. Use up two yoga Groupons, another goal accomplished. etc. etc.

NSVs lately include: Being able to do a pushup (not from the knees!), being able to do many pushups, seeing my abs when I really flex, fitting into jeans more comfortably, having a great time shopping for new work clothes.

EDIT: Okay, it looks like I completely forgot how to post a picture. Eek. Think it's working now though. :)

Replies

• greatmom2
    greatmom2 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Wow! Those are amazing results! Good for you!
    I hope to try 30 Day Shred once I lose about another 15 lbs. You are an inspiration for results!
    Thank you for sharing!!
  • coxg6
    coxg6 Posts: 9
    Options
    WOW! Congratulations! I lost interest in the 30DS, but maybe should have another go!
  • wombatchaos
    Options
    WOW! You look great! Congrats!!!!

I start day 15 tomorrow. I've been noticing great results on my body but I love how much stronger my body as become in a short amount of time. Ultimately I hope to get results like yours, but that will take time :D
  • YankeeMikeHotel
    Options
    Amazing!! Like the plaid skirt. ;)
  • Lauralei36
    Lauralei36 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Wow great results. I'm on day 6 so this is inspiring :-)
  • gabbyy2003
    gabbyy2003 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    So how many cals did u eat and did u workout every single day?great job!
  • sironae
    Options
    Wow, stunning progress! I just completed day 12 today, still getting used to level 2.

For anyone who's curious since I know there are a lot of questions around 30ds, I have taken plenty of rest days (often 2 at a time), so am not working out every single day, and am eating around 1750 calories daily, whether or not I work out. I'm definitely noticing progress, not so much with the scale, however maybe that's to be expected.

Terrific results, nice work!!
  • qworej
    Options
    Thanks for the support, all. :)

I haven't been tracking calories so far. That's usually the part that exhausts me when I get on a fitness/healthy eating kick, and so I'm skipping that for the most part and just doing my best to eat healthy. So I really don't know how much I've been eating.

As for working out every day, definitely not. I just have too much going on in life right now - just started a new job, after leaving a very stressful one, I do a lot of overnight traveling that can make working out inconvenient, etc. I'd say that I've been working out more than every other day, but not by much. I started the shred on Jan 1 and I still have one workout left.

Just trying the moderate approach to fitness to start off the year on the right foot. I think I'll pick up the pace soon, when I start training for my upcoming 10k... but overall, just trying to build a healthier lifestyle. And working out every day, and tracking all my calories, just isn't sustainable for me right now. Maybe in the future.

Do what you can, and build upon that. :)
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    wow, thats really impressive. I just finished the shred today. I was going to post photos but I couldn't figure out how to do it!! Enjoy your last couple of days! It feels great to finish it!
  • caramel1920
    Options
    Wow! Those are amazing results! Good for you!
    I hope to try 30 Day Shred once I lose about another 15 lbs. You are an inspiration for results!
    Thank you for sharing!!

Sweetie, you don't have to wait to lose weight to do it, do it now! If I could do it at 300lbs you can definitely do it! Go for it!:wink:

And to OP, great progress, so you're the girl with the 6 pack Jillian was talking about, I'll get there one day! You go girl!:drinker:
  • emrogers
    emrogers Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Go girl!!! Those are some AMAZING results!!!!! I'm almost done with mine as well about 12 more days to go!!! Woot Woot.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!