Alternative to a Phillie CheeseSteak?????

Options
Oh gosh- I have been CRAVING a phillie cheese steak since I started my "journey" are there any meat substitutes, healthier bread choices? something to add other than cheese??? I really want one- and I just hit my 10 pound lost mark, and I think I deserve this... :laugh: haha thank you!

Replies

• RobinC37
    RobinC37 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I make a cheesesteak "pizza".

Sautee ground bison, venison, or turkey until browned, stir in diced onions and bell peppers (and mushrooms if you like them).
    While it cooks, preheat the oven to 400. Put whole wheat tortillas in the oven until they are slightly crispy. Put the meat/veggie mixture on the tortilla and sprinkle with 1/8-1/4 c cheese of your choice (I usually use provolone, but use Velveeta slices for a more classic cheese sauce. Put the pizzas in the oven and bake around 5 more minutes, then finish it off with a quick broil to get the cheese bubbling.

1lb of meat usually yields 5-6 VERY filling tortilla pizzas. They come in 350-400 calories depending on the meat and cheese used.
  • mishxxo
    mishxxo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    if you go to skinnytaste.com. there is a delicious steak and cheese sandwich recipe. it's my favorite skinny recipe for cheese and steak.
  • unicornhug
    unicornhug Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    oh my gosh!! Thank you SO much! Im so excited now!!! haha
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    2 Phillie CheesSteaks?.....:devil:
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    2 Phillie CheesSteaks?.....:devil: