Feeling discouraged :(

Options
A few of weeks ago I decided to try eating TDEE-20% but thought I was SUPPOSED to eat back exercise calories. I didn't realize I was just supposed to just eat the 1850 calories or so.
I gained some inches back and also am now almost back up to my top weight :(

I'm switching back to what I was doing a couple months ago that worked for me...putting my goal at BMR and eating back exercise calories!

I am just feeling discouraged right now because I see all these people saying they've lost 10 lbs or more since the beginning of the year and I've gained 7 lbs.

Just looking for some motivation...quotes..nice words...whatever keeps you motivated...to keep going!

Replies

• schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have found the right track. Past is past, discouraging though it may be. :(. But think what you can say 2 months from now when you have greater success!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    One day at a time.

Be here now.

Look forward, not back.
  • fluffypetal
    Options
    Hiya,

Aww bless you. It does become hard and difficult when we think that we have done so well that we should have a figure like a super-model by the end of the week !! Unfortunately, that will not happen but as long as we are doing what is best for us then the super-model thing is over-rated hahahahaha xx

I can't preach or teach as I am new on here too and I have only lost 4lbs so far and that was after I had to get new scales and when I jumped on them for the first time, they added 10lbs to my weight !!

So, after my tears with that, I decided to fight it and not let it get me down. I am taking charge of myself and not letting scales or bad days rule over me.

You can do it as you want to do it. So do it with a big smile on your face that says you are not going to be beaten by the scales.

Good luck on your journey and smile :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou:

Annie xx
  • triff14
    triff14 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You all are so kind and helpful! Thank you! :)
  • triff14
    triff14 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hiya,

Aww bless you. It does become hard and difficult when we think that we have done so well that we should have a figure like a super-model by the end of the week !! Unfortunately, that will not happen but as long as we are doing what is best for us then the super-model thing is over-rated hahahahaha xx

I can't preach or teach as I am new on here too and I have only lost 4lbs so far and that was after I had to get new scales and when I jumped on them for the first time, they added 10lbs to my weight !!

So, after my tears with that, I decided to fight it and not let it get me down. I am taking charge of myself and not letting scales or bad days rule over me.

You can do it as you want to do it. So do it with a big smile on your face that says you are not going to be beaten by the scales.

Good luck on your journey and smile :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou:

Annie xx

I agree scales shouldn't rule our lives! It's hard for me to get out of that mindset, though...but I'm trying! :)
  • Fitness4Paul
    Fitness4Paul Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I was going to say don't sweat it but you're profile ticker is correct "sweat is fat crying" so keep up your workouts. Increase your activity when ever you can i.e. take the stairs, walk when you can don't drive. Stay the course and you will get results. Follow the MFP standard guidelines for now. Operate at a calorie deficit of about 500 and eat back what you can of exercise. Start to watch macros too like sodium, protein, fat and carbs.
    I'm no expert and this is just my opinion. I do think you stick to this plan and you'll get there. It takes work and time. :) You can do it!
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    you can do this lovely! you know what you gotta do, it's not gonna be over night but you got this. you have that motivation and you will see results again
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    It can take awhile for some of us to find that sweet spot that allows weight loss. I've lost a grand total of 1/2 pound since the beginning of the year. The other 3-1/2 pounds on my ticker was weight I kept losing and gaining and losing and gaining and losing. I hope I've broken out of that cycle! (but maybe not; time will tell)

Best wishes and don't give up.
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Hey, you went through a learning experience and have decided to go back to what was working for you. I'd say that's a lesson well learned and now you're even more prepared for moving forward. Good luck and each victory will be even sweeter! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Khoward50
    Khoward50 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are goind a fitness challenge at a local gym. He has been losing every week and the last two weeks I only lost .4 pounds. We have been working out 4 - 5 days a week which is 100% more than I did before we started the challenge so it has been disappointing. He keeps telling me I am building muscle which weighs more and I do understand that the muscle will eventually eat away at the fat. I am happy that I have not gained anything back. Wish me luck at Wednesday's weighin.
  • leaderzzz
    leaderzzz Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Triff, I don't think anyone here can say it was easy, some found it challenging at the start, some in the middle of their journey and others towars then end. But just go and have a good look around the forum at some pics.... I always do if i doubt myself belief!

You will do it...It just takes a little time, then when you are at your goal, I have a big hug waiting!