Cocktails???

Options
What to do about cocktails? So many calories! I skipped dinner. Good news I got buzzed a really really fast. Bad news I still went over my calories!!! Weekends are so hard! Went to an art and wine festival. Kettle Corn, cooked right in front of me, need I say more!? Then my girlfriend's birthday party = cocktails! I did 30 min. of Wii Fit and an hour long bike ride. I haven't been on a bike in 4 years!!! I did 4 miles in an hour. Slow I know but... Still didn't burn enough calories!? Damn! Well at least I am trying and hard! What do you do about weekends like this?????

Replies

• jdurham87
    jdurham87 Posts: 62
    Options
    Shots of whiskey with diet coke for dinner! :-D
  • misc02u
    misc02u Posts: 25
    Options
    I feel your pain! Weekends are soo hard. Staying under my calorie goal is no problem till the weekend rolls around:drinker: & I have beers. I have found a 55 calorie beer that helps but I still go over! I just try to work out extra on the weekends to compensate some!
  • hungreeteacher17
    hungreeteacher17 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Weekends are really hard!! I decided I can live with myself if I go over on the weekends, as long as I am still aware of how much I am taking in and I try to stay active. I consider saturday my reward day for working hard all week. :laugh:
  • NikkiGuess
    NikkiGuess Posts: 2
    Options
    I try to have a plan before the weekend starts. For example I'll have one beer - Peroni's my favorite. - Sip slowly. White and Red wine are also workable - but once again know exactly how much you can have before the event begins. Also weigh in on Saturday and Sunday the scale is the best motivation to stay on track for me. Good luck
  • fonrouge82
    fonrouge82 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on this one! Weekends are TOUGH!:sad: However, I try to be close to perfect during the week and I think the ratio of 5 perfect days to 2 not so perfect days is going to have to be alright.
  • 623Hernandez
    623Hernandez Posts: 458
    Options
    Thanks guys!!! I feel better now! I guess it is true misery loves company! :tongue: This is my first week so I am not perfect during the week yet either but, I will get there. I think if I work hard all week I can have a few cocktails over! It is not like there is a party every weekend....

I did buy my self a bike yesterday and I hope to be able to use it on the weekends!!

Good luck everyone! You are all doing so well! Thanks for your input!!!
  • Michellerw1
    Michellerw1 Posts: 367
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up! Track everything, even if you go over calories, just so you can see how little you actually indulge. I try to make sure that if I DO go over on a day that I stay within maintenance, which is a good 600 calories more than my allowance on here.

Excercise helps. Then you have extra cals to consume. I don't know about anyone else but now that I exercise religiously I get a buzz more easily, which is good all around. :blushing: