Anyone else 186 lbs and 5'4"

Options
My starting weight last year was 193.. which was my breaking point.. I've been yo yo dieting since and am ready to just stick with it (as I've said manyyyy times in the past.) I didn't know if anyone weighed around the same and was around the same height and what you've been doing to meet your goals, pictures would be awesome as motivation if you have any.

Replies

• Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    5ft5.5 180 currently losing 1-2lbs per week eating 1810, if you don't want to yo-yo don't stay at 1200 :flowerforyou:
  • Mrs_Bones
    Mrs_Bones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hey! My heaviest weight was about 183lbs about four years ago. That was when I realized that if something didn't change, I would be one of those people who has no idea how they got to 250! I got 20 lbs off by sheer force and some good lifestyle change but have been hovering around the 160 mark for a long time. I don't have any pictures of before, but I know I'm starting my new weight-loss and lifestyle journey where I am now. My goal is 140 lbs of lean, toned body. I've been counting my calories and working out 6-7 days (4 days cardio, 2 days strength, 1 day yoga or rest). I've lost 2 lbs since I started counting cals here two weeks ago. Next monday I'm starting the brazil butt lift for a challenge :)
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Well, I am only 5'2" but I began this weight loss stuff at 198 pounds. For the first year I only ate less (1200 calories) and lost 45 pounds. About 8 months in I plateaued (for 4 months) so I read about TDEE and upped my calories to about 1800 (between lightly active and moderately active, because I began working out and running). I immediately began to lose weight again and have continued to today with 74 total pounds losts.

I do not advocate the 1200 calories diet - I lost lean body mass and damaged my body's metabolism as a result - which is why I plateaued. Weight comes off slower, but stays steady and your body will love youf or feeding it properly.

I do not eat clean - I eat like a regular person, just more often and less at each sitting (5 times a day).
  • roxy08fox
    roxy08fox Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I started at 192 which was my breaking point for me. I am 5'3.25" and my goal is 135. I've been using MFP for 6 weeks and am down to 178. I work out 5-6 times a week and log everything. You can add me as a friend if you'd like :smile:
  • jkg3367
    Options
    I am 5 4 and 204#'s ... the most I have ever been in my life before this time period was 190 when I was pregnant with my son. The past few years have been rough ... I lost my boyfriend to suicide and it took a while for me to come out of the fog of grief. Now that I am in the land of the living again I stepped on the scale as was 224 ... OMG is all I can say! Of course I knew my clothes were not fitting but I just did not even care. Well I have been caring since Oct of this past year and while I had a set back because I had a hysterectomy on Dec 7th 2012 I have still managed to loose 20#'s.
    I could not agree more with Faye as I was only eating 1200 calories and working out and adding a bit here and there as it shows on the site but I was stuck for 3 weeks. I spoke with my beach body coach and I added healthy calories and boosted my calories up to 1500 and I started loosing again. I plan on increasing again a bit in a week or two ....
    My goal is 130 I know I have a way to go but I will do it!
  • OddChoices
    OddChoices Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    My starting weight last year was 193.. which was my breaking point.. I've been yo yo dieting since and am ready to just stick with it (as I've said manyyyy times in the past.) I didn't know if anyone weighed around the same and was around the same height and what you've been doing to meet your goals, pictures would be awesome as motivation if you have any.

I was exactly that weight last year at 5'3". I have since lost 16% body fat and weigh about 143 lb. I have 25 lbs more to go and about 10% more BF to lose. I did it mostly through 70%diet and 30%workout. I spin, sprint, do a lot of strength training.
  • Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3". I started January 2, 2012 at 187.6 and I am now at 138. It can be done. Hang in there and work hard! :)
  • alilarmour
    Options
    At the start of last year I was about 192lbs. I am also 5'4" and started with MFP about may last year. I am currently 157.5lbs. I don't visually see a huge difference in myself but looking at photos it is clearer and I know I am down a dress size and a half so it has to be a definite difference. Im kind of stuck now where one size is a bit big but the next size is a little tight depending where I shop. I am not finding the 1200 cal nothing much good for me as its boring and I tend to do well for a few weeks then binge. It's too hard to stick to constantly with no treat days. My treat day then turns into a week. I sometimes do loads of exercise and sometimes very little. I have just started the 5:2 diet and done my first week and loving it so far. I can def see it working long term as its not a diet as such. If I get good results I will stick with it. I would love to share some pics with you but don't know how. When I log in on my phone I can't see how to add pics. I can't get pics from my phone to iPad either. Aaargh
  • ixplodestuf
    Options
    Those are my exact same numbers! I started in January at 193 (although I may have been a few lbs heavier), and I've lost roughly a pound per week since then. So right now I'm hovering between 186 and 185. MFP first set me at 1200 cals per day which I managed for about a week. I was crabby and miserable and bumped it up to 1400. But after calculating my BMR and TDEE I figure as long as I'm under 1700-1800 that I'm still at a deficit. The past few days I've eaten some junk I'm not proud of, so I need to get back on track this week. Feel free to check out my diary, particularly the days before v-day when all the nasty treats started making appearances.
  • felblossom
    felblossom Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and started out at 183 lbs
    It's been six months, and today I'm 154 lbs. I've gotten here by simply eating less and moving more. I don't limit myself too much in my choice of foods, I still eat a bit of unhealthy stuff, just in moderation. I've done some exercise videos off of youtube, and I swim once in a while. Mainly, though, I make sure to just get my daily exercising in by taking the stairs and walk more etc :)
  • sarski77
    Options
    5'4'' and currently 168.
    I started at the beginning of January when I was 181 :)
  • LizCO2DC
    LizCO2DC Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5'5", started at 199 and am now down to 180. It has taken me about a year to lose these 19 lbs, but I'm finally heading in the right direction!
  • scheatwood
    scheatwood Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and started last July at 235, just hit 169.5 this past week. I do watch what I eat, but I mainly just exercise daily and take my rest days as my body needs them. Which really seems to work for me. MFP has me set to a 1200 diet with 2 pounds a week, but I'm constantly over due to increase hunger from strength training.
  • OddChoices
    OddChoices Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and started last July at 235, just hit 169.5 this past week. I do watch what I eat, but I mainly just exercise daily and take my rest days as my body needs them. Which really seems to work for me. MFP has me set to a 1200 diet with 2 pounds a week, but I'm constantly over due to increase hunger from strength training.

I agree with the last sentence. 1200 calories is not enough if you strength train. I constantly end up between 1500-1800calories. But weight training has reshaped my body. I wear a size 6 ultra skinny jeans today. Its the same size I wore when I was a skinny fat at 120 pounds.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options

Change your goal to "lose 1lb per week" or even "lose 0.5lb" you have no reason to be set at lose 2lb, especially with strength training added, I'm sure that will be counter-productive
  • ssami_89
    Options
    Im 23years old 5'5'' when I started my fitness pal I weighed 186 now im down to 176 I yoyo'ed in the past so much it was rediculous but im just scanning everything I eat now and not overeating which sucks because I love overeating lol. I dont have alot of motivation considering im in a back brace from surgery on my spine, Im doing my best but not sure if im going to make a difference because I cant exercise. But I feel better about myself just watching calories more energy and my depression has lightened up so just keep up with myfitness pal I do it by getting michalenas lean microwave meals and fruit its easier for me and try not to eat late at night :) I hope this helped