Need workout advice

Options
I am growing bored with the Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout. I am also really limited for time I have to workout. What are some suggestions for 30-45 minute workout (DVD's etc...) that can burn a maximum of calories. At this point I am most interested in fat loss. Thanks for any help.

Steve

Replies

• miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    You can try Insanity....the 1st month of DVD's is around 40-50 minutes or so when you get to the second month those will be 1hr though.

P90X so also awesome....closer to an hour though

The 30 day Shred from Jillian Michaels I beleive is 20 minutes per day

Also the good old Tae Bo...you could try that one

You can try those.....

Also you can walk/jog around your neighborhood....its free lol.....

Hope you find something that will work for you.......I get bored easily too with DVD's and I have a few different workout.....but I prefer the outdoors
  • veganmommy04
    Options
    i have no clue. thats why i don't use dvd's regularly cause they are the same thing and bore me. i do at least 30 min on the treadmill, and i also have two wii active games for my wii, and i like that cause there is somehting different everyday, and there are 3 diff levels so anyone can do it. and as for my dvd's i just pick a different on out about 3-4 days a week and add them into the other two things i do. that way i don't get bored and i'm doing a differnet workout so my body doesn't get used to it too. good luck finding one you like. alot of ppl i know like the 30 day shred from jillian. again it bored my quick.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    These are what I have and their duration:

Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred = 20 mins
    Jillian Michaels' No More Trouble Zones, Banish Fat/Boost Metabolism, Yoga Meltdown = 40 mins each
    P90X = 60 mins
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Youtube has a ton of workout videos on it and they are all free
  • Natalie511
    Natalie511 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hello
    I like P90X video series...there are about 11 DVD's and they cost about $199.
    There are tons of exercise and they all are 30 minutes to an hour in length...
    It is a really good workout and very easy to follow...
    The people working out in the video all have personalities and the main guy is very funny...
    I believe you can rent the videos first to see how you like them and then buy them if you like them...
    I also like Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred she gets right to it and it only takes 30 minutes...
    I hope this helps..
    Have a good workout
    Natalie
  • cajunspice5000
    Options
    Find a friend or two and go speedwalking and/or running. There is nothing more fun than exercising with friends outside. We even started a bootcamp class with jump ropes and bands. Videos bore me to death.
  • Kristen479
    Kristen479 Posts: 1
    Options
    My suggestion would be Insanity, P90X or Turbo Jam... all depends on your style of workout. I know you said you are more interested in fat loss so all three of these will help you with that. You can check out the details of them if you go to www.beachbodycoach.com/coachkristen and click "shop". Let me know if you have any questions about them. I am currently doing Insanity and have done Turbo Jam, also my husband is doing P90X.
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I made this work out for my cousin. So I thought I would post it to help you out.

15 minute on the stairs (not the stepper the actual stairs that circulate)

12 reps 3 sets of each - Don’t do it in a row do one then the other until you have done each 3 times or you will get bored.

- Use a medicine ball or 3-5 lbs do a normal squat. The arms are in a 90 degree angle and your hands next to your head. As you go to squat press your arms up. (Shoulder press).
    - Walking lunge 6 one way 6 back (if you can with lbs in your hand use them)
    - Lay on a matt with your legs up in exactly 90 degree angle.
    - Plank – 15 seconds

After the 3 reps are done of each then continue to this..

- Pick up ball squat. Put your legs in a wide stance toes pointed out place a ball or lbs on the ground right in front of you. Squat pick up the lbs and lift above head and squat to put it back on the floor. That counts as one.
    - Backward knee lunge. Stand in a normal stance. Bring your knee in front of you like you are about to kick and bring it back in to a lunge. Do each leg separate 12 each side. This should be done in place; there is no traveling.
    - Bcycles – I am assuming you know how to do these.

This should take about 45 minute. If it is not do some miscellaneous arm exercises like tricep dips, bicep curls, and crunches.

15 minutes on the elliptical (intervals)
    3 minutes run 3 minute walk for 12 minute
    3-5 minute cool down

This workout done at a quick pace could burn 650-800 calories
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Check out http://bodyrock.tv

These workouts have drastically changed both my body and the way I think about working out. They average 20 minutes (of BRUTALITY), they are free and can be done in your own living room with little to no equipment and will really supercharge your metabolism so you are burning more calories after the workout is over.
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    even though it may sound like a broken record........ Jillian's 30 day shred, (any of her DVD's really) and the Jackie Warner Total Body are awesome. You'll want to add some outside cardio with the Jakie Warner though. You can even stop the dvd after each section and do jumping jacks, jog in place, butt kicks, mtn climbers, whatever you like for two min. then restart the DVD ;)
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    They are good but I get over videos after a week! I feel I do more on my own.
  • mrsyatesy
    mrsyatesy Posts: 173
    Options
    I have the Kettleworx program of DVDs which are 20 mins each + about 5 min warmup / cool down. They are really good and I do one cardio, one core and one resistance a week. I also have just bought the 30 day shred so can't really comment having only done day 1 today - although it was good!!! On top of this I do one 30 min run a week, one 60 min spin class and a cross training session for 45 mins - all short and sweet but keep me out of trouble :-)
    I think variation is the key - just have a few different ways to exercise to keep the variation or else you will get bored and give up!
    Good luck!
  • stevenkuni
    stevenkuni Posts: 23
    Options
    Thanks everybody! I don't think I'm ready for P90X. In searching my cable company, I discovered a bunch of workouts on Exercise TV on Demand. It even has Jillian's 30 Day shred and about 25 different 30 minute workouts. I'm going to try some of those and hopefully work up to P90X.
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody! I don't think I'm ready for P90X. In searching my cable company, I discovered a bunch of workouts on Exercise TV on Demand. It even has Jillian's 30 Day shred and about 25 different 30 minute workouts. I'm going to try some of those and hopefully work up to P90X.

I love exercise TV! have fun!