good workout app? DVD?

Options
anyone know of a good workout app for iOS or android? i'm a beginner so an app that just tells me what i need to do to get a good workout would be sufficient

also open to any good workout DVDs that you may know of

Replies

• 143AHE
    143AHE Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi,

I just downloaded an app called sworkit.... and I'm not sure how you feel about Jillian Michaels, but her 30 day shred can be pretty intense also I love kickboxing so love his tae bo videos.... you can feel and see results fairly quickly if you stick to them! : ) Good Luck!
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Maybe try this?

funny-gifs-working-out-on-the-treadwall_zpse6042f8b.gif
  • kdclubb
    Options
    I LOVE the sworkit app, keeps mixing it up so that I don't get bored. I generally do either the full body or bootcamp workout followed by a 30 min yoga session to stretch and not be sore!
  • 88meli88
    88meli88 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    i started with nike training club app, it is free and yo ca opt for 30 or 45 min workouts.

recently i started using fitness class app, where they have over 350 exercise classes of all sorts. the app is free, they have a number of classes for free, and beyond that you can access all others for a monthly or annual fee. the estimated calorie burn for the classes is like a30% overestimate compared to my heart rate monitor but at least they have them.

i use runtastic to track my runs and sync w mfp.
  • 10kaday
    10kaday Posts: 177
    Options
    JEFIT pro will show you demos and allows you to keep track of just about every exercise known to man. However, I just started using the Fitocracy app which turns fitness into a game. You get points depending on what you do. That app is more social, but doesn't have demos. I prefer Fitocracy because the game feature makes it fun. I keep JEFIT on my phone and use the exercise demos, but I use Fitocracy to track everything I do.