Peanut Butter! What's your favorite?

Options

Replies

• Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I don't eat PB myself these days, but my son still does. I get any brand that contains only three ingredients--peanuts, salt, oil. xx
  • shanmackie
    shanmackie Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    i will ONLY eat peanut butter that contains just peanuts, and maybe salt if i can't find one that is without. sugar and oil should not be added ingredients and especially not anything else.

i like to mix a bit of peanut butter with unsweetened applesauce and use that as a breakfast spread!
  • jonchew
    jonchew Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I've become a PB2 fan just these past few weeks also. I certainly like the "natural" PBs - the kind that you need to stir, but man-o-man, the calories and fat. Chunky PB is my personal favorite.

While not as yummy as natural PB, PB2 is a really great alternative, a PB2 & honey on wheat is an amazing, filling, lower-calorie lunch treat.

I just got some FitNutz chunky PB, haven't tried it yet, I'll likely give it a taste later-on today. A little more expensive then PB2, calorie-wise (60 cal for 2-tbsp, as opposed to 45 cals for 2-tbsp for PB2), but I just LOVE chunky PB!!
  • TheUnwritten
    TheUnwritten Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter! Its my comfort food thats for sure. I enjoy many brands. Some of my favorites are PB&CO Cinnamon raisin swirl ,white chocolate wonderful, Skippy creamy, Jiff Natural. Most recently I tried Earth's Balance coconut peanut butter. Its a fantastic combination.
  • Teddie's Natural Super Chunky Peanut Butter. No hydrogenated oils or added anything. :)
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    How does one determine good fat versus bad fat?

fat is fine
    sat. fat is bad
  • MIM49
    MIM49 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Choosey Mothers choose Jif
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    There is no substitute for jif..
  • jonchew
    jonchew Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I've become a PB2 fan just these past few weeks also. I certainly like the "natural" PBs - the kind that you need to stir, but man-o-man, the calories and fat. Chunky PB is my personal favorite.

While not as yummy as natural PB, PB2 is a really great alternative, a PB2 & honey on wheat is an amazing, filling, lower-calorie lunch treat.

I just got some FitNutz chunky PB, haven't tried it yet, I'll likely give it a taste later-on today. A little more expensive then PB2, calorie-wise (60 cal for 2-tbsp, as opposed to 45 cals for 2-tbsp for PB2), but I just LOVE chunky PB!!
    UPDATE: This thread prompted me to whip-up some of the FitNutz chunky PB... personal impression - Mehhh. I'm disappointed, I really like chunky PB, and was hoping that this would be my ultimate healthy alternative, but it just doesn't taste all that great, PB2 definitely has better taste than FitNutz, IMHO.

Oh well.
  • glahlstedt
    glahlstedt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    try pb2! its very low in calories! you can order it on line under pb2.com!:smooched:
  • cnlargent
    cnlargent Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    We are a Jif family, the kids, husband and myself all love the stuff. Creamy. I like chunky, but the rest of the house doesnt agree.
  • stackhsc
    stackhsc Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Kraft.. dont think you can get it in the states. i use to get my family to bring it to me when i lived in florida lol. I have tried many many kinds and hands down kraft has it for me... reese was good to. and yes by the taste over the lable
  • bemott
    bemott Posts: 180
    Options
    White Chocolate Wonderful PB is my fave!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    You don't have to overthink this. Peanut butter... it's crushed peanuts and salt. Sometimes the salt is optional. So the ingredients label ought to say "Peanuts". Or "Peanuts, salt". I like Adams. It's delicious. But I'm not too picky. After all, it's just peanuts.
  • BeyondThePixels
    BeyondThePixels Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    This thread came just as I served myself a tbsp of PB! I LOVE Peanut Butter. I just eat store brand, not that picky. Recently discovered almond butter, but expensive!
    While perusing the health food section of my local grocery store one day, I came upon a product called PB2, by Bell Plantation. It is a powdered peanut butter (ingredients are roasted peanuts, sugar, and salt) that you mix two to one with water. Two tablespoons of the powder equal 45 calories, 1.5 grams of fat, less than 100 mg of sodium, and 5 grams of protein. The mixed version isn't 100% comparable to peanut butter in texture (depending on how carefully you measure the water it can either be really thick or a little soupy), but it has a very close flavor. I eat it with apple slices, celery, on graham crackers, and even on a sandwich. It's also great in recipes, and throwing a tablespoon in a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese makes for a yummy, protein-packed snack.

(I personally prefer the PB2 Chocolate variety, but the plain is good, too)

When I absolutely have to have real peanut butter for whatever reason (I used to be able to eat peanut butter by the spoonful from the jar; I'm definitely a peanut butter girl), I'm a Skippy Natural's kind of girl.

I've been looking for this, I seem to find it anywhere locally or I'm not looking hard enough! Guilt free PB?
  • Gemini_at_36
    Options
    Thank Goodness for Peanut Butter!:smile:
  • haleynhoffman
    Options
    I am actually allergic to peanuts, but I am familiar with this. Um.. I can save you a lot of problems.. it's called PB2. Trust me..

Ingredients:

Roasted peanuts, sugar, salt.
    Serving size: 2 Tablespoons (12 grams)
    Servings per container: 15
    Calories: 45
    Calories from fat: 13

Value and % Daily Value*

Total fat 1.5 g 3%
    Saturated fat 0 g 0%
    Trans fat < 0.01 g
    Cholesterol < 0.01 mg 0%
    Sodium 94 mg 4%
    Total carbohydrate 5 g 2%
    Dietary fiber 2 g 8%
    Sugars 1 g
    Protein 5 g
    Vitamin A < 1%
    Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium <1%
    Iron 0%
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    shouldnt really contain anything more than just peanuts and salt maybe....

Smucker's Natural Peanut Butter....just peanuts and salt. Simple.
  • originalkazila
    Options
    Kraft extra creamy! For the once in a blue moon I want the stuff - that's the stuff I want. So good!
  • christyrivers
    Options
    try pb2! its very low in calories! you can order it on line under pb2.com!:smooched:

LOVE PB2! Both the plain and chocolate varieties are delicious, much lower in calories than regular peanut butter (45 cal/2 TB vs 180 cal / 2 TB). I have found it at health food stores, but you can buy larger containers for much less per ounce online. Try Amazon.