Hideous Legs

Options
So I have lost 16lbs since Jan 1st and have been eating clean, drinking a tonne of water, and my upper body looks good. But then I turn around and want to vomit! My glutes and hamstrings look disgusting!!! Horrible cellulite, I couldn't even possibly take a picture, I feel like its worse then before I even lost the weight! I lost most of my muscle tone, last year as I was on bed rest for most of the year. I am very limited to the exercises I do because I am not healed internally. Would love some support or advice. Right now I am not able to run, do plyometrics of any kind, unable to do heavy weights, weighted squats, weighted deads, deep lunges, and I am too self-conscious to be seen in a bathing suit. Please be supportive, I don't want or need criticism. I know i could be a lot worse off. I really could just use advice on how to make them look better. Ladies who have reduced the look of your cellulite please help. My legs look like they are legs of an old obese unhealthy woman!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    If you can't do running or squats, which were going to be my suggestions, then just walk, walk and walk some more!
  • wannabtight
    wannabtight Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I can do squats without any weight. I just have to hold a kegel with every squat.
  • Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Can you walk? I walk and even though I have cellulite too, my legs look pretty good (even though I am 54).
  • wannabtight
    Options
    I do walk, I am on my feet for four straight hours, 4 days a week and will build up to more, as I get stronger. I also own a nordictrack and will work on a 35% incline for 30-60 minutes 4 days a week. I know there is no quick fix. I know its also more noticeable because I have thin, pale skin, I plan on getting some color soon. Also to blame is my genetics.
  • wannabtight
    Options
    bump
  • MrsRoundbottom
    Options
    How about stair-walking / walking uphill or doing some kind of interval incline/speed, stairs really work your quads & glutes. Or simply lying on the ground do sideway leg lifts & donkey sicks
  • wannabtight
    Options
    I will do anything to make them better!
  • nikkijoshua
    nikkijoshua Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    If you are unable to do weighted leg work, then do it without the weights. Pilates and Barre workouts offer excellent leg conditioning without weights.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,618 Member
    Options
    What about split-leg lunges? You don't have to go as deep as regular lunges.
  • Inshape13
    Inshape13 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I found the same to be true with me and my inner thighs drive me crazy with the skin. I started doing dvds for butt and lower body which is helping, but it is a ton of squats and lunges. They are slowly beginning to look better with a lot of work so I think that it will just take time. My upper body is alot better than my lower and the belly and thighs are the places I have to work on hardest. If you can pilates or yoga are good too.
  • anetap2000
    anetap2000 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Try pilates. It makes wonders on legs
  • wannabtight
    Options
    I have never really done pilates, isn't it a lot of core? I am forbidden to do crunches and sit ups. Or I could risk another surgery.
  • mabernier
    mabernier Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My Mom would be shaking her finger at you right now! She recently fell in the Denver airport and broke her hip and arm...she's just antsy to get up on her 83 year old legs right now and walk to church or walk to her refrigerator or walk to her mailbox...hideous legs cannot do any of those things, YOURS can! So enough of that talk now...look at your beautiful face in the mirror (and you do have a beautiful face) and smile and say I am standing on the loveliest legs and I am losing weight and I am doing things to strengthen my body and give it the attention it deserves and never, ever say hideous legs again....God made every inch of you and he didn't make junk...he gave you the get up and go and you are getting it done!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Please be patient and allow your body time to recover from your illness/injury. In time, you'll be able to do it all, but for now, listen to your doctor and do what you can. Focus on your health. The fitness will come.
  • sparkyval
    Options
    Okay I am losing a ton more weight than you needed to but I find it goes in spurts...as in my skin even is not as tight and then a few pounds and weeks later and it tightens up...so maybe give it time while you continue living healthy and see what happens...just a thought...but it really does take your body time to adjust, lol
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    You can do a ton of glute strengthening with body weight exercises. Supermen are great

http://coachlevi.com/bodyweight-exercise/superman/

Single leg body weight squats; My PT always hand me stand on one leg and close my eyes, holding as long as I could. That was harder than I imagined. Hip thrusts are also good. Another difficult one is to sit on a hard chair, then get up using only one leg and not your hands. That one always killed.
  • wannabtight
    Options
    Unfortunately I am a very impatient person with myself, that's what it comes down to. Sometimes I wish I were like some and just say I don't care, but I do care. I will keep doing the exercises I am able to do, and also try the suggested ones. Thanks mfp for the support!