Egg Yolks

Options
Personally I do not like the container of egg whites, so, I seperate all of my eggs myself from farm fresh eggs. Any suggestions on what to do with all of the yolks, other than putting them all down the garbage disposal?

Replies

• raleigh
    raleigh Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    you could put them in a garbage can too
  • policebaby
    policebaby Posts: 19
    Options
    Garbage can works too, but, in the Florida heat, gets kind of stinky :)
  • Lparault
    Lparault Posts: 100
    Options
    Save them for baking. You can freeze three of them together. Scramble them with a few whites, chop up and add to stir fry or fried rice. Too bad you and I aren't neighbors, we could share...I can't stand the whites!! :drinker:
  • eliblish
    eliblish Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I make really fattening homemade ice cream with mine. That's probably not helpful though... lol
  • Trish02
    Trish02 Posts: 25
    Options
    Excellent hair conditoner/strengthener.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    each weekend my doggies get their yolk treat!! 1 each and it keeps their coats shiny and silky!!

Oh and I love my yolks!!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I eat them. Egg yolks (especially those from free range chickens) are high in vitamins and omega-3 fatty acids -- keeps our "coats" nice and healthy too! I think the fat helps keep me feeling satisfied longer. Besides, that's where the flavor is!

If I am having more than 2 eggs (in an omelette or something), I might use 1-2 yolks and use whites for the rest, but most of the time I just use the whole egg.
  • policebaby
    policebaby Posts: 19
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I love the hair conditioner idea, I am going to look into that one more! As for eating them...I know they taste AWESOME but I can not afford the fat in them right now. So...I decided to give the Egg Beaters (that are yellow not white) a try...good luck to me. If I do not like them, I am back to throwing yolks down the disposal! :flowerforyou:
  • Jennili7
    Jennili7 Posts: 50
    Options
    I sometimes separate out the ege yolks to make my eggy breakfasts a little more healthy but I hate putting them in the trash cause they're so messy. So what I've started doing is putting the yolks in the hot pan after I get my food on a plate and let them cook before I throw them away. No mess..no smell! :) If I had a disposal then I would go with that though...