Sttetch marks itching!?

Options
Ever since i started my weight loss journey a week ago ive lost like 2-3 pounds and ever since thenmy stretch marks been reaalllly ittching!!
anyone know whats wrong/?

Replies

• seeled
    seeled Posts: 93
    Options
    Mine itches occassionally whether I am losing or not. Always heard if a sore is itching, it is healing. Wonder if my strechmarks are going away after 18 years... haha
  • IronKitty
    IronKitty Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My experience with stretch marks itching is that are either growing in size or shrinking (for lack of better terms). If you are losing weight it likely means they are shrinking. Get a stretch mark cream like Palmer's Coco Butter Massage Cream for Stretch Marks, put it on everyday and that should help with the itching and reduce appearance too.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    when a pregnant mom's stretch marks are itching it means she is growing, they are forming more. cream is advised.

bio oil is the latest trend. but there are others. lots of others.

never heard of or experienced them itching while shrinking.
  • kwimpress
    Options
    Thats interesting, my stretchmarks never itch, but my c section scar does, is cream advised for that too?
  • droneofvelvet
    droneofvelvet Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Mine itch occasionally. I just apply lotion, but would love to try some of the treatments, although they are expensive.
  • crystalnichle
    crystalnichle Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thats interesting, my stretchmarks never itch, but my c section scar does, is cream advised for that too?

my c section scar drives me nuts! its always itching!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Circulation, I am guessing! Or dry skin! Either way, just use a scrubbie in the shower, then moisturize afterwards. Avoid scratching...maybe just massage that area also, if your body is wanting to get circulation in/out of that area, using some lotion or massage oil. If you scratch much, it will irritate the skin, and that's not going to be helpful.
  • trishmce
    Options
    Are you well hydrated or good fat in your diet. They may be dry, lotion will help the symptoms not the cause.
  • kwimpress
    Options
    Crystalnichle: Sometimes drives me insane, glad to hear i am sane tho, and its not just me, although i did think it was because i was over weight with anover hanging belly lol:laugh:
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    My winter 'go to' is Crisco. Strange, I know, but it was suggested eons ago by the god old family Dr. for son's very dry skin.

So, I still use it today, especially in the winter. A marble size blob, just after showering, apply lightly all over, soaks in so quickly. I've had loads of people ask my my 'beauty secret', then laugh when I tell them. Yes, I DO use it on my face especially around the eyes.

So, dump the expense. No smell. No stains. Works. A can will last you almost forever.
  • crystalnichle
    crystalnichle Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Crystalnichle: Sometimes drives me insane, glad to hear i am sane tho, and its not just me, although i did think it was because i was over weight with anover hanging belly lol:laugh:

I think its just a sign of healing but when I asked my doc about it she said some women experience it for a really long time. UGH!