Macros...

I have a few questions about them:

1) Caories more important or macros? I am almost always under my calories but not so much with macros

2) I am on a 55%carb, 25%protein, and 20%fat and I want to loose weight...do I switch to 40/30/30?

I am a male, if that helps for the macros

Replies

• Sailatsorf
    Sailatsorf Posts: 161 Member
    I really only know enough to answer #1. It all comes down to calories; watching them is most important. However, I have found that watching my macros DOES help.
  • jaymek92
    jaymek92 Posts: 309 Member
    Your macros depend more on your exercise/fitness goals. If you're a runner, your macros are probably pretty good. If you're looking to maintain or gain muscle, you should probably go to 40/30/30.

Try not to be under your calories. Figure out your deficit by calculating TDEE - ~20% and eat that, or follow the goals that MFP set you and net however many calories they tell you to net.

With a closed diary, no ticker, and no information filled out on your profile, you're not going to get too much useful advice.

Edit: You do have a ticker on your page. My bad. It says you have 10 pounds to lose, so your goal should be to lose about .5 pounds a week.
    And you also calculated your TDEE and asked for advice on another thread literally an hour ago...
    Eat 2200 calories a day.
    You don't lift and just run/do cardio, so your ratio should be fine. Just don't expect to have a ton of muscle and be ripped once all your weight comes off.
  • Your macros depend more on your exercise/fitness goals. If you're a runner, your macros are probably pretty good. If you're looking to maintain or gain muscle, you should probably go to 40/30/30.

Try not to be under your calories. Figure out your deficit by calculating TDEE - ~20% and eat that, or follow the goals that MFP set you and net however many calories they tell you to net.

With a closed diary, no ticker, and no information filled out on your profile, you're not going to get too much useful advice.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/895522-new-and-need-help all the info needed
  • MissesForrester
    MissesForrester Posts: 66 Member
    BUMP
  • bump
  • efirkey
    efirkey Posts: 298 Member
    You can eat some really crappy food and still hit your macros, so I think calories and the quality of your food is most important.
  • bump