New: Need Female Support

Options
I have joined this site today in hopes of turning my body into something I can be proud of. Over the past ten years I have let myself go. I have continued to let my weight get out of control to the point where I don't even recognize myself anymore. I started 2013 with the pledge to lose this weight. Which has been my resolution every year for the past ten. Well, it's almost March and I have actually gained more weight. I do not want 2014 to ring in with the same resolution. I want to ring 2014 with pride that I finally accomplished what seems impossible.
I know that I can not do this alone and even though I have a wonderful support system in my awesome husband I know I need female support. As much as he tries to understand the differences in men/women weight loss he just doesn't get it. He can lose weight by just saying the word "diet". I have lots of friends but most are skinny and don't get it either and the ones that aren't are not willing to do this with me or they are bad influences. I need people that are going to support me and call me out when needed. So, if you can be there for me and you are wanting someone that can be there for you then send me a friend request.

Replies

• alexandraaah
    alexandraaah Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Good for you, MFP should really help and as long as you keep thinking about your end goal/weight and how it will be worth it! MFP is great for motivation for when you're feeling a bit down. I understand completely, I have tons of slim friends and so at times feel like Im going at this alone. I'll send you a friend request :)
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Sending a FR now ;)
  • Bowsergirl
    Bowsergirl Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Sending a request, good luck!
  • nymple
    nymple Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I've had a rocky start to 2013 too and am just getting focused after a similar pledge! Sending you a friend request :)
  • KaraLee69
    KaraLee69 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Ditto! I restarted on Jan. 2 and have been doing well! Friend request sent! We all need all the support we can get!!!!
  • albelite
    albelite Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi, sounds a bit like me, only I have wasted the past 40 yrs of my life, now I have this lovely community to help me along, hope we can inspire each other :)
  • BunnieMommie
    BunnieMommie Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Congrats for joining! I love this site. I never really realized how bad I was treating my body. Well, I kind of knew, since I would gain weight year after year. But, just logging in my foods has really helped me.

I'm on here daily and love to keep my friends motivated. I'll send you a friend invite!
  • Kayla_292to165
    Kayla_292to165 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm a 29 year old mama of 3. Been here since Jan 1 and have lost 26 lbs. I have 82 left to go. Feel free to add me. I am on each day and chart everything :)
  • Sherrington737
    Sherrington737 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've just joined and have one of those husbands! Supportive to the end, but can lose a stone by just thinking about a salad! Sending a friend request! X
  • Mandylynne1979
    Mandylynne1979 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Adding you! Congrats on beginning your journey!
  • cherylatkwechanged
    cherylatkwechanged Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Sending request, I have found so many amazing people that don't tell me what I want to hear but what I need to hear
  • nadz3
    nadz3 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm adding u too! Ur not here alone u'll have all of us to help get u motivated ????
  • demogal
    Options
    I'd love to add you too! Have been at it for two weeks and would love to have the support of others.
  • Shivpea
    Shivpea Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'll add you, and anyone else can add me too :-)
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Where'd ya go?
  • sharonKay65
    sharonKay65 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Welcome,
    feel free to add me as a friend, I'll send a request.
    Sharon
  • Werrrkitgurl
    Options
    Welcome!! FR sent. :))
  • dloyst20
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Fantastic! Getting healthy is a good goal and add me if you want a friend...I am new to this too and could use some girl power on my side
  • MsCarlalalala
    Options
    Why would you ask for support and then deactivate your account?
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Yup ^^^^^ was just wondering the same, why account is deactivated so quickly.. humm