NO SUPPORT!!

Options
I have tried to convince my friends and family to help me live a healthier life style but they continue to insist on eating out, buying unhealthy foods, etc. and it's very hard to say no when everybody around you is enjoying these things. I have tried to create a meal plan but I have found it very hard to figure out a way to make enough healthy food, to not get bored, to make it affordable and so on. My schedule also hasn't allowed me to sit down and figure it all out. I feel like I can't do this alone. Any help or advise?

Replies

• ktgirl40
    ktgirl40 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You just have to make your mind u and do it. In my household, I am the one that does the shopping and cooking so it is easier t control what comes in and gets eaten. Yo can enjoy something extra tasty once in awhile. Once your family and friends see your progress and you start feeling great about yourself, may be the motivation that you need and others will join in. If I am going to eat out, I do go online and check out menus and make the choice that is right for me. This really keeps me on track. With all the great recipes n the internet, it really is easy to enjoy delicious satisfying meals. I use skinny taste.com a lot and it has really helped me and my family. I have logged in with 35.6 pounds of weightloss since October 16 2012. It has been slow and steady. Keep with it for yourself and I promise you that you will feel better and look better.
  • mafaldaymanolito
    Options
    thank you!
  • AshyyMM
    AshyyMM Posts: 131
    Options
    I know how you feel...
    I live at home with my parents..
    my boyfriend will literally eat chips and pizza in front of me when it's more the food I'd rather be eating..
    my mom bakes alot!!.. baked goods are my weakness..
    I buy groceries I know are better for me..
    It's not bad to indulge on a little something every once and a while.. but I've really stuck to it recently.. and I've started eating just before we go out..or I'll purposely cook as they are all saying they are hungry so that my "healthy" meal is what I eat over what they decide to order/make...
    its difficult to move forward when you feel like you have no support... but i agree once people see you making success they will want to do it with you...
  • mafaldaymanolito
    Options