Anyone in Ontario? Need a motivation buddy!

Options
I want to lose weight so bad but Im just not mentally ready to take that first step!
Im a 26 yr old stay at home mom of a 7, 5, 4 and 1 year old.
Any body even in Canada?

Replies

• gr8tweets1
    Options
    Hi Vanessa,

I am in Canada (BC) but grew up in K-W! I have been here on MFP for 6 weeks tomorrow. If you need a buddy I will happily try to motivate and support you! You are WORTH it!
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    Options
    Hi Vanessa,

I am in Canada (BC) but grew up in K-W! I have been here on MFP for 6 weeks tomorrow. If you need a buddy I will happily try to motivate and support you! You are WORTH it!

Thats interesting! I was born in BC and currently living in the KW area :)

Ive been apart of mfp for months but I guess you could say I gave up and deleted my account because, well... I thought maybe
    Im not worth it.
  • abfit4life
    abfit4life Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm actually home visiting my mother this weekend in Brampton but live in the DC metro area. You have your hands full being a mom of 4 so I applaud you for first acknowledging that you need to focus some time on you. There are lots of fellow Canadians and others on MFP who will no doubt reach out to you offering support on your journey. Feel free to add me....
  • camper2022
    camper2022 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm pretty close to you....friendly Manitoba :)
  • gr8tweets1
    Options
    Of course you are worth it! Losing weight is not easy. Putting yourself first is even harder. I can only imagine that you have little time for yourself with four little ones and a household to run but...you are no good to anyone if you don't look after you.

I am learning how to be a little selfish for the first time in my life. As with many people you will meet, I have a story, don't we all. The point is that for my entire life I have worried about, looked after, stressed over others and never ever even learned to like myself. On January 6th something snapped inside of me and I decided that I needed to better me because I haven't been happy with myself ever. Although I still put others first before myself I do take a few minutes several times a day to log my calories, plan my next day and read the boards. I find motivation and inspiration in others' stories. I have met a few good people here and really I believe most everyone really wants each other to succeed. No one can do this for you. You have to want to make the change. For me I was overwhelmed by the amount of weight I had to lose in the beginning but now, I realize than every ounce that I lose is an ounce in the right direction. In the first four weeks I lost a size and 1 1/2" inches. That in itself is motivating.

When you want too, you will do this and you will succeed!

Cheers!
  • sherylmurray980
    Options
    I am in western Ontario and just discovered MFP this week. Let's pull together!
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    Options
    Of course you are worth it! Losing weight is not easy. Putting yourself first is even harder. I can only imagine that you have little time for yourself with four little ones and a household to run but...you are no good to anyone if you don't look after you.

I am learning how to be a little selfish for the first time in my life. As with many people you will meet, I have a story, don't we all. The point is that for my entire life I have worried about, looked after, stressed over others and never ever even learned to like myself. On January 6th something snapped inside of me and I decided that I needed to better me because I haven't been happy with myself ever. Although I still put others first before myself I do take a few minutes several times a day to log my calories, plan my next day and read the boards. I find motivation and inspiration in others' stories. I have met a few good people here and really I believe most everyone really wants each other to succeed. No one can do this for you. You have to want to make the change. For me I was overwhelmed by the amount of weight I had to lose in the beginning but now, I realize than every ounce that I lose is an ounce in the right direction. In the first four weeks I lost a size and 1 1/2" inches. That in itself is motivating.

When you want too, you will do this and you will succeed!

Cheers!

Wow good job! I can't wait until I can say something like that about myself as well!
    Im pretty much putting my house first, almost all day everyday trying to clean and organize everything.
    I told myself ill work on losing weight once my house is in order. But I really need to lose at least 40 lbs before I can
    Be anywhere close to even wearing a t shirt in the summertime.
  • AshyyMM
    AshyyMM Posts: 131
    Options
    In Ontario!!..London!!..
    Uhmm props to you for giving yourself some time to work on yourself..you must have your hands full with your children as it is.
  • livinbb
    livinbb Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    HI Vanessa, feel free to add me. I'm in the Muskokas :D

ETA: I am also a stay at home mother of 2 (ages 8 and 4)!
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    Options
    In Ontario!!..London!!..
    Uhmm props to you for giving yourself some time to work on yourself..you must have your hands full with your children as it is.

Hmmm I wouldn't say that quite yet. Spent the last two days completely focused on doing laundry and organizing
    My house. Im actually sitting on my bed right now folding clothes lol. BUT! I havent eaten any junk today!
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    Options
    HI Vanessa, feel free to add me. I'm in the Muskokas :D

ETA: I am also a stay at home mother of 2 (ages 8 and 4)!

Add coming your way!
  • AshyyMM
    AshyyMM Posts: 131
    Options
    In Ontario!!..London!!..

Hmmm I wouldn't say that quite yet. Spent the last two days completely focused on doing laundry and organizing
    My house. Im actually sitting on my bed right now folding clothes lol. BUT! I havent eaten any junk today!

It all takes time though..or so I've found out... not eating junk is a huge step regardless of anything else...
    the hardest part to new lifestyle changes is eating..and if you can go a day without junk---well it makes you a day stronger than you were the previous day you ate it...(atleast thats what I've been told!)
    You can do this..:)
  • Jubee31
    Jubee31 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in Pickering :-)
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Another displaced British Columbian! Originally from Vancouver, going to school in Guelph for the next year and a half. :) Wishing you luck with everything, sounds like you have your hands full with kids but I bet they can be a great inspiration for being healthy and fit. :)
  • ja9smakinachange
    ja9smakinachange Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I'm in Toronto, mom of 2 (4 &2)

This is my second attempt, I did awesome right after my youngest was born, got in the best shape of my life then after going back to work ganed it all back.
    I've been back at it since the new year and am currently on month 2 of insanity. I couldn't do this without my amazing husband who neverminds taking care of the kids so I can workout.

Feel free to add me. :)