If you're 5'6 and have never been a healthy weight

Options
what is your goal weight?

I have never been thin, well maybe when I was like 6 I was. :laugh: I thought my goal would be like 165, but apparently that isn't a healthy weight for me. lol Curious to know what your goal weight is if you are 5'6?

Replies

• Toria718
    Toria718 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    my goal weight is 140, however my larger goal is 18% body fat, if I happen to hit that at 155 then I'll be just fine :) I'm lifting heavy from the start and doing c210k at the same time during days that dont involve lifting, with a rest day in there too. HW was 211 and im now 196, 5'6 and went from a 3 to a 13 in 6 months when puberty hit, so Ive never really been thin since about 7, the last time I wore a bikini...20 years ago lol
  • S_Arr_Uh
    S_Arr_Uh Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'7 and CW is 183 (SW 191) and I've always been overweight too. Again, last I was thin was probably 5/6ish. I've never been past the 190s though, I suppose I was pretty good at maintaining once I got there :P
    My first goal is about 150, which *just* gets me into the healthy BMI range. Then to go from there :)
  • Icedcoffee29
    Options
    I do have a larger frame, so I was thinking like 155ish. :)
  • Shas2228
    Shas2228 Posts: 187
    Options
    I'm about 5'5 1/2.. and so is my best friend. She sees a personal trainer and her PT told her that her perfect weight is 155. She has a "small" frame (and so would I, if I was closer to my goal). So I'm going by that. I would LOVE however to be around 140.
  • Icedcoffee29
    Options
    It's so tough to know for sure if you have never been thin. lol I am just going until it feels right I suppose.
  • DarleneT22
    DarleneT22 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Sarah, I am 5'5.5" and I am 164 right now. I was at 150 and felt good but still wanted to get down to about 142-145. I am about a size 8/10 right now but I was closer to an 8 at 150 so I think at 142 I should still be an 8 but no 10's. My Dr told me 140 seemed about right for me.
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I am 5"5.5 and have been from 116 to 180. I am currently 127 but felt good around 135. I've moved on to bodyfat % goals,
  • aliciab307
    aliciab307 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and have a med/large frame. my goal is ultimately 22-23% BF which should occur about 157-159. I'm lifting heavy with minimal cardio. Don't have a ultimate goal weight as BF is more important to me.
  • Violetta86
    Violetta86 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5.5" and my goal weight is 135.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", medium to large frame, and was looking great and in fantastic shape at 150--I was pretty muscular then. I wasn't "ripped" but was lean enough to have a reasonable amount of definition, and I was pleased. As an adult woman, I've weighed as low as 110, and high as 265. Yep, all over the place. Hormonal issues....

The number on the scale isn't really the important thing though. What is important is your lean body mass and body fat %. Those are the numbers that will determine how you actually look. Look up pictures of people who are 5'6" and weigh 150--you'll see a wide range of different body types. Best bet is to focus on your own fat loss.

I lift heavy a couple times a week and train with kettlebells, eat my calories according to MFP user helloitsdan's IPOARM guide, and keep to the foods/macros that work for my body.
  • courtneywiens
    courtneywiens Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and I have a bunch of goals. My first goal is just trying to get to 154 so my BMI is in the healthy range, and I'm about 9 pounds away. My second goal is 145 because I think that is a good weight for me, as I am a naturally curvy person. From there I will see if I should keep losing, I took a "what's your happy weight?" quiz on self.com and it said 136! Lol. You can take it too! :)

http://www.self.com/calculatorsprograms/calculators/happyweight
  • Icedcoffee29
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and I have a bunch of goals. My first goal is just trying to get to 154 so my BMI is in the healthy range, and I'm about 9 pounds away. My second goal is 145 because I think that is a good weight for me, as I am a naturally curvy person. From there I will see if I should keep losing, I took a "what's your happy weight?" quiz on self.com and it said 136! Lol. You can take it too! :)

http://www.self.com/calculatorsprograms/calculators/happyweight

It said 147.8! lol
  • Icedcoffee29
    Options
    Sarah, I am 5'5.5" and I am 164 right now. I was at 150 and felt good but still wanted to get down to about 142-145. I am about a size 8/10 right now but I was closer to an 8 at 150 so I think at 142 I should still be an 8 but no 10's. My Dr told me 140 seemed about right for me.

Darlene you are amazing and look amazing!
  • Icedcoffee29
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and have a med/large frame. my goal is ultimately 22-23% BF which should occur about 157-159. I'm lifting heavy with minimal cardio. Don't have a ultimate goal weight as BF is more important to me.

How do you figure out your BF? That is more important to me too!
  • thedescentofhope
    thedescentofhope Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    5'6, goal weight is 134. I was never overweight except for when I was born & now.
  • katedevall
    katedevall Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    what is your goal weight?

I have never been thin, well maybe when I was like 6 I was. :laugh: I thought my goal would be like 165, but apparently that isn't a healthy weight for me. lol Curious to know what your goal weight is if you are 5'6?

I'm 5'6" I weigh 158ish right now... My goal is 135-140 (: but 150 puts me at a normal wight instead of overweight so id be happy with that too
  • Tats1000
    Tats1000 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am 5 ft 6 and am aiming for 154 to be in healthy catagory. That was also the weight I was originally before gaining almost 3 stone after being married for year and a half lol. I would love to be 140 but that's a major ideal. Taking little steps at the moment. Will be landed to get back to 154 and then anything more is a bonus :)
  • Raybug0903
    Raybug0903 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 and my goal weight is 130 lbs. I am currently 206 lbs. I am going to get a pair of callipers from GNC to start measuring body fat percentages. Right now I think I am roughly 40% BF. Yikes! Best of luck to you.
  • lforner46
    lforner46 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 1/2" and I weigh 161 right now. My weight has ranged from 135 in my 20's all the way to 170 after Christmas or after I had my twins. All the height and weight calculators say I should weigh around 155 and I have noticed that when I weighed 156 last summer, working out with weights, I looked pretty good. Also - I think I have a medium frame.

I don't know if the body fat calculators on this site are accurate because all they take into account is height and weight. I would go to a gym and get measured for your body fat.
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    5'5 here and I set my goal weight to 125 because I don't think I've weighed that little since I was 11, but it's pretty much just an arbitrary number. I remember not being especially unhappy with my body at 170. I am trying to focus more on fitness than anything, so wherever that leads me will be ok.