NSV!! Blood pressure!

Options
So I am 21, and as of May of last year (could have been longer but I didn't ever check it) I have had borderline high blood pressure, and as of December of last year I officially tipped into the high blood pressure range and stayed there consistently.... well as of the doctor last week, I have a blood pressure of 118/65!!!!!!!!! YAY! So so so happy! I refused to go on medication when the doctor threatened me with it and told him I would get it down. He gave me 2 months and I did it! High blood pressure, diabetes, and heart disease runs rampant in my family. That is what my Dad died from at 53 and what his Father died from at 45. So hearing that everything is checking out so much better after only losing 16 lbs, is great to hear and helps me stay somewhat optimistic that I can fight against my genetics.

Happy Sunday everyone!!

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!