Best work out DVD

Options
Hi guys I'm currently on level 3 shred which will finish in 10 days time. I'm 5ft 2in tall 143lbs goal weight is 120lbs! I'm eating 1570 calories a day worked out with TDEE!

I don't want to bulk up I want to look slim most of the fat is sitting on my belly!!! Where it usually does! I'm
Looking for a good work out DVD I can do at home can't go to the gym with carer issues with little one and wanted to know which one i should do. I really need to lose 20lbs I have been on this journey for about 6months I have only lost 12lbs????!!

Any suggestions which one i should do with good results!! Getting frustrated!!

Replies

• 3LittleMonkeyMom
    Options
    I would suggest Chalean Extreme if you want to workout at home. I loved my results from it, and it's a lot of fun. :)
  • Makoce
    Makoce Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I plan on doing Z-Cut after 30DS, and it's only 15$ on Amazon.
  • smccb
    smccb Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    This one is kind of pricey...but Turbo Fire worked for me. I am 5'3"

I did 30 Day Shred and a couple of others and only lost 10 pounds after months of working out after my last baby. I did a 12 week round of Turbo Fire and these are my before and after stats: (You can ignore the bust measurements - I was nursing both before and after.) :-)

Before:
    ]Bust: 37
    Waist: 31
    Hip: 37
    Weight 135

After:
    Bust: 35
    Waist: 27.5
    Hip: 35
    Weight: 115

It's a bit confusing at first with all the moves, but once you get it, it is addictive and a ton of fun. It won't "bulk you up" because it is mainly cardio, but I wouldn't worry about bulking up anyway.....it is almost impossible for women to bulk up. Building muscle will actually slim you down and boost your metabolism.

Hope that helps! Good luck! I do understand your frustration!
  • princesselle1
    princesselle1 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I would suggest Chalean Extreme if you want to workout at home. I loved my results from it, and it's a lot of fun. :)

What was your results like?
  • princesselle1
    Options
    This one is kind of pricey...but Turbo Fire worked for me. I am 5'3"

I did 30 Day Shred and a couple of others and only lost 10 pounds after months of working out after my last baby. I did a 12 week round of Turbo Fire and these are my before and after stats: (You can ignore the bust measurements - I was nursing both before and after.) :-)

Before:
    ]Bust: 37
    Waist: 31
    Hip: 37
    Weight 135

After:
    Bust: 35
    Waist: 27.5
    Hip: 35
    Weight: 115

It's a bit confusing at first with all the moves, but once you get it, it is addictive and a ton of fun. It won't "bulk you up" because it is mainly cardio, but I wouldn't worry about bulking up anyway.....it is almost impossible for women to bulk up. Building muscle will actually slim you down and boost your metabolism.

Hope that helps! Good luck! I do understand your frustration!

Wow that's good!! Did u get good results from shred? I'm on level 3 the results so far are not great!
  • princesselle1
    Options
    Anyone??? Help
  • princesselle1
    Options
    Any help please!
  • greatmom2
    greatmom2 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I think anything Jillian Michaels is awesome! Try to alternate Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones! Although you can't tell now, I have had success with this in this past giving myself 2 rest days during the week! Great thing about them too is that you can make it as easy or hard as you want by adding or taking away weight. Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism doesn't use any weights but does a lot of body weight exercises such as in plank position exercises which I am sure you are familiar with by now if you are finishing up 30 Day Shred.
    Also Jillian has 6 Week 6 Pack and has a new DVD coming out next month called Hard Body that looks like it might be good.
    Insanity would be another option but is more pricey and quite intense. I cannot say much about it though! I know that is uses a lot of body weight exercises, has intense cardio, but you don't use weights. I have not used it yet as Jillian is enough of a push for me right now. Actually I am waiting to lose about another 10 lbs before I do Jillian's exercises this time around.
    Hope this helps!
  • starrisonmclennon
    starrisonmclennon Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    nell mcandrew's peak energy
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I did 30DS, then Ripped in 30 but neither gave even close to the results Ive got so far from 4 weeks of Insanity.
    Edit I can give you a discount if youre interested. It seems pricy but in my experience its totally worth it so far
  • smccb
    smccb Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I only lost about 8 pounds with 30 day shred, but I did build up a bit of muscle. It was still hidden under a layer of fat though, so until I did Turbo Fire, I didn't notice much of a change. I was doing 30 day shred pretty intensely too - sometimes doing two or three levels one after the other for a super long workout. It was Turbo Fire that got rid of the fat for me, and pretty quickly too.

Good luck!
  • mom2BandD
    mom2BandD Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    TurboFire and Chalean Extreme are both great programs. TurboFire burns calories and melts away inches and pounds. Chalene Extreme is great for toning, gaining strength and melting away more inches.
  • princesselle1
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • Summergirl_88
    Options
    Sounds like a few people have seen really good results with turbofire. Can somebody tell me a little bit about this programme like what kind of exercises are involved and how intense is it compared to say, 30 day shred for example?
  • justmarie
    justmarie Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have been using 10 Minutes Solution: Pilates for about two or three weeks and my body is responding to the changes very well so far. My body is changing into more fit and lean SLOWLY. I just ordered this DVD called Breathless Body off Amazon and will get it this Thursday. That workout DVD was on the list of the best work out DVDs in 2012 from fitness.com. I definitely will let you know if it was any good or not.
  • princesselle1
    Options
    Please do! Thanks so much!! Xx
  • bnjones23
    bnjones23 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    TurboFire is great because the workouts vary and are anywhere from 15-60 min long. I would also recommend Les Mills Combat(which is my current program) and it is basically a variety of martial arts made fun but challenging! I also had great results with Brazil Butt Lift! It's not just for your butt! It slimmed down my entire body! Let me know if you have any questions!!
  • princesselle1
    Options
    TurboFire is great because the workouts vary and are anywhere from 15-60 min long. I would also recommend Les Mills Combat(which is my current program) and it is basically a variety of martial arts made fun but challenging! I also had great results with Brazil Butt Lift! It's not just for your butt! It slimmed down my entire body! Let me know if you have any questions!!

Turbo fire is so expensive! I need to lose 20lbs and inches off my tummy anyway of being able to download this for free?