HIIT people- how high does your HR go?

Options
I'm 32 and mine is often 188ish when I finally give up and have to walk. Once I saw it at 196. It displays on the treadmill from my PolarFT7. Just curious. I'm in relatively good shape and generally run in the 170s if not 180s but I've recently upped the intensity. Even in college I always thought my HR was naturally high when working out. Just wondering what you've noticed.

Replies

• susannahsutton1
    Options
    I am also 32, albeit for only 2 more days, I do interval training and it is not unusual for my heart rate to ping up in the high 180s. When I first started intervals, it would go up higher, max recorded was 204. Theoretical maximum is just that, theoretical based on averages of average people
  • redragtop05
    redragtop05 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Mines usually around 174
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    170s
  • noellesteve
    noellesteve Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I hit high 180s-190.

I got my heart rate zones tested because I felt like mine were probably higher than average also. They are.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    When I do HIIT on the stationary bike mine only seems to go into the 170s. I have a pretty low resting HR when I'm in good shape though so that may make a difference. I'm 26. Not sure if I could push it a bit higher sprinting out doors but I'm dealing with knee issues at the moment so won't be testing that out for a while
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Dang, I am on a bunch of meds because of a heart attack (torn artery not plaque or cholesterol, possibly because of heavy lifting, I will never know) I can barely get mine up to 115 working hard. I have no idea where it's going to be when I go off the meds, used to be about 140. BTW, I'm 38.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly young but I know I hit 160-180 when doing HIIT on the treadmill
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i went to 207 yesterday but i've been off for a few weeks for allergy issues that were affecting my respiration. normally my highs on sprints is 180-190. during my go times with HIIT, i aim for 180's and 190s. for rcovery i aim for 130's to 140s.

my resting heart rate is like 75.
  • clarissa08
    clarissa08 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I do not typically measure it but I have a generally good idea about how hard I am pushing myself. My resting heart rate is 58-63 bpm (if you're curious as to why that is I use to competitively swim so my cardiovascular system became pretty efficient). When I do hiit I try not to pay attention to it, however I do notice I work much harder when I do hiit, which you are supposed to do, than when I do my cardio at the gym and when I am on the arc trainer I average 165 for a half hour or so. So I would say it would not be unusual if my heart rate is at 185 when doing hiit. Do not be too concerned if you get it very high, only if you have heart conditions or the like. I would suggest to try not monitoring it or at least wait until your done with the work out, otherwise you'll just be limiting yourself. When I was on the swim team they would aim to get us at 210. - As brutal as it was, it was a way to make us break through what was comfortable/ bearable and achieve new goals.
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    I saw 191 on my elliptical today. I'm 32 too :)
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    i've gotten it up to 192 on several occasions.

i'm 32 btw

and my resting heart rate is 52
  • Silver2008
    Options
    I'm 34 and what u said is pretty normal for me, even when I was 32. :)
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I'm 30 and weigh 243 min ranges anywhere from 170 to 195 depending on how much effort i'm putting in.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    my highest was in the 170s... 43 here..
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I routinely hit 175-180 during sprints, but recover quickly to 131 or so
  • thump418
    thump418 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Mine will peak at low 170's. and I am 47 in another month
  • ChrisC_77
    ChrisC_77 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    My resting heart rate is about 52-55 and doing moderate cardio its about 145-155.
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    the best cardio session i ever did i had an average 173 heart rate for over an hour.

but any more it is getting harder to get my heart rate up that high and sustain it. my heart is getting really efficient at pumping blood. it has been a month or two since i got it over 190
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    170s
  • emills1970
    emills1970 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Upper 170's / Lower 180's