Help, need to know how much calories I would burn

Options
I work at Sheetz Gas station. I don't know if everyone is familar with the place. But I am just wondering, I work as a cashier and as a MTO person, and I was wondering how many calories someone would burn on a daily basis working there? A estimate would be nice, I just have no idea.

My info
6ft
240lb
21 years old

decent shape, as i go to the gym 4/5 times a wk. weight lifting and some type of cardio workout. (don't know if this matters)

if you could, could you calculate how many calories per hour or this, a 5 hr shift, 7 1/2 hr shift. gratefully appreciate it.

thanks

Replies

• Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Instead of doing all that, just set your activity level to light and log your workouts.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest unless you had a HRM (heart rate monitor) that you wore all day to truly get an accurate count to go with gtrigg's idea. Look over the daily actiivity level on MFP and see which one fits you best.

If you do this same routine daily I would think it would probably not be in addition to your workouts but merely in your daily activities as she suggested.

Becca:flowerforyou:
  • ColtenMaverick17
    ColtenMaverick17 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    oh im going to log my workouts i do at the gym. but i want to know how much i burn at my job. cause not everyday i go to the gym if i work all day and gym is closed when my shifts done. i just want to know how much i burn at my job.
  • ColtenMaverick17
    ColtenMaverick17 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    ok how do i do this? over the span of time i work, i see how the heart monitor goes? and how could i calculate how much i burn?
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Honey, you're making this WAY more complicated than it needs to be. Just select the level of activity that fits you best. Judging by your job, that's probably light. When you do that, you don't HAVE to know how many calories you burn at your job. MFP calculates that for you automagically. There's no need to try to figure out your specific calorie burn for what you do on an everyday basis. That's what the activity levels are for. :wink: