Need motivation and support!

Options
Hello! I am not new to MFP but I am not motivated to keep it up. Anyone have any tips or suggestions to motivate me into eating healthier and exercising more often?

Thanks !!

Replies

• melania150
    Options
    You can do it...just think about how you want to look and feel when you finally reach your goal. I'm very overweight but with the support of my friends and family, I am motivated to slim down this year. I have struggled throughout my whole life with weight issues so I know how you feel. I study full time, look after my 2 young daughters and help care for my disabled dad so believe me when I say I KNOW how stressful and tough life can get!! But you have to WANT to lose weight - I just got tired of changing my wardrobe every year because my clothes got smaller:(. You have to make yourself your first priority. It also helps to talk to your doctor, they've always got ideas about where and who can help you to be more active. MFP has been great for me because I know how many calories I've eaten and since starting, I've become more controlled with what I eat because I know I'll have to calculate my food when I get home. My weakness is fast food but since MFP, I haven't turned into a drive through LOL. I'm always conscious about what I eat now so it really does help. And talking with members is great, because you know they're going through their own struggles and you don't feel so alone. Add me and we can help each other out:). Good luck and I know if I can do it, ANYONE can do it!!
  • MariahBecker
    Options
    I find it very helpful to always pause and think before I grab something to eat. I sort of ask myself "is it really worth it?" As for the exercise, it actually become enjoyable and addicting after a while. I lost almost two pounds last week and I can't wait to see the numbers on the scale continue to get smaller! If you need someone to talk to, feel free to add me, everyone needs some encouragement! :) YOU CAN DO IT!
  • oudixon
    oudixon Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Weclome and best of luck
  • hollydetra
    hollydetra Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi there - I peruse the images google displays when i search for weight loss motivation! Here are a couple of my favorites - you can do it! (Hopefully these images show up :)

znoniu.jpg

18dumx.jpg

jj39lk.jpg

sxoykx.jpg

Feel free to add me as a friend too! :)